oklahoma artist recommendation?

ttoosday

Just wanting to see if anyone has any recommendations for Oklahoma tattooers who specialize or lots of experience in reworks or adding to existing work. I plan to do my own checking around of course but thought it couldn't hurt to check here. I've done a search on this site and all I find is Think Ink in Norman. OKC has Atomic Lotus but I get bad vibes from that place, ie snobby and unhelpful staff. Really just scared to trust anybody I might pick off of Google going by reviews. Thanks!

I've had *2* beautiful tattoos from Levi Hatch, he did both my raven-girl and my anchor.

I believe he's left Oklahoma though, last I heard he was in Michigan.

I've been following his work and it's just so good! I'd love to have another from him.

Think Ink tattoo in Norman is probably the only place I'd go in Oklahoma (besides Richard Stell ;))

David Bruehl came out of there too.

• 3 weeks later...
He seems fine. What is it you're trying to get done, and how did you decide it would be done by Richard Stell?

Um I'm confused...? The link I posted is for a rebel muse artist. I felt Richard Stell is not quite the style I want. I was thinking I'd be open to ideas for add on to an arrow on my arm.

- - - Updated - - -

Richard Stell has 5 stars on Yelp, but don't hold that against him.

Five stars is certainly impressive. But I'm not all that into his style of tattooing. The link I posted is for a rebel muse artist.

Oh, if the Dallas/Fort Worth area is an option, I'd suggest Marie Sena. Marie works at Saints and Sinners in Oak Cliff and I have 3 things from her so far. She did a large piece on my leg and some blast over work for me and I couldn't be happier with it.

Here's her site...she also has quite a bit more on instagram:

Tattooing

Instagram

I also like Mark Thompson's work. A friend of mine has a half sleeve from him and it looks great! He works out of Obscurities in Dallas. I don't think he's on instagram and has a very small web presence.

Dallas Tattoo Artist | Mark Thompson

And if you're willing to drive to DFW, then maybe you're willing to drive to Austin...which then opens up more options. The Star of Texas convention is coming up in January down in Austin. If you're not in a rush, you could just go down there and check out a ton of folks in person.

Um I'm confused...? The link I posted is for a rebel muse artist. I felt Richard Stell is not quite the style I want. I was thinking I'd be open to ideas for add on to an arrow on my arm.

Just messing with you. What style are you interested in?

Just messing with you. What style are you interested in?

Oh haha. What a rascal. Well I like realism and that's what i thought I was getting with my latest tattoo, but came out with a bit less realism than I expected. So, I'd say black and gray, on the realism side. But I need excellent linework as I don't think I can go all out realism/no lines with an add on at this point. Even if I could, I prob wouldn't cuz i like some linework. The artist I linked did a (in my opinion) good arrow and compass, which, a compass is exactly what I had in mind as an add on. But I want to make sure others in the forum feel like he does great work too.