Scabbing and peeling

clemsonscj

So I'm kinda worried about my tattoo because my guy didn't really give me much aftercare instructions other than wash it at least twice a day with anti-bacterial soap. He said any would do. Well after getting it filled in, it stabbed over quite thick. I'm not sure if that's normal or if it's because of the soap I used because it did not seen to want to wash off. Anyways, I'm bad about picking scabs but somehow I've managed to not touch this one. However, I work in law enforcement so there's a lot of movement and what not so a few times I could feel my shirt picking at some of the places. Some of those spots look a lot lighter than the others. Will the color come back or will it have to get touched up?

The best way to keep it from rubbing against your clothes is to cover with something that won't move. Either under armor type clothing, or saniderm/tegaderm/tatuderm. The derms will keep germs (and your picky fingers) off the tattoo.

If those aren't an option, your best bet is just to leave it alone and let it heal. Don't start worrying about how it looks until it's fully healed

Also, make sure to read the several pre existing threads on aftercare instructions on LST.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this thread is three weeks old, sorry to bring it back up. Do Tegaderm and similar products do anything for the healing process after a tattoo has scabbed over, or is it mainly to keep germs and picky fingers off the scabs at that point?

I ask because I've seen small Tegaderm sheets at a local pharmacy and was wondering if it could do me any good. My tattoo is five days old, scabbed pretty much all over, some flakes falling on their own. I've been really good about not consciously picking at it, but sometimes I'll catch myself doing it without thinking, or I'll wake myself up at night scratching. I'm sure it's too late for the "ideal" healing method (I'll keep it in mind for next time, if there's ever a next time) but if it will be helpful at keeping myself from picking at it without realizing it, I'll go pick up a box tomorrow.

I know this thread is three weeks old, sorry to bring it back up. Do Tegaderm and similar products do anything for the healing process after a tattoo has scabbed over, or is it mainly to keep germs and picky fingers off the scabs at that point?

I ask because I've seen small Tegaderm sheets at a local pharmacy and was wondering if it could do me any good. My tattoo is five days old, scabbed pretty much all over, some flakes falling on their own. I've been really good about not consciously picking at it, but sometimes I'll catch myself doing it without thinking, or I'll wake myself up at night scratching. I'm sure it's too late for the "ideal" healing method (I'll keep it in mind for next time, if there's ever a next time) but if it will be helpful at keeping myself from picking at it without realizing it, I'll go pick up a box tomorrow.

After it has begin peeling, DO NOT apply any Tegaderm or any similar product, it will mess up pretty much the tattoo...

• 3 weeks later...