Marky Mark Wahlberg gets Laser Tattoo Removal

Lochlan

Boy band to rapper to actor Marky Mark Wahlberg is getting his tattoos removed. Yep, saw it in my morning google search for news. His music never did much for me, however, his acting in some films has been pretty good:

-The Basketball Diaries

-Boogie Nights

-The Italian Job

-Ocean's Eleven (I love this whole series including the original one with the Rat Pack)

-The Departed

Anyone else like his movies?

Alright onto the article.....

Mark Wahlberg showed kids painful reality of tattoo removal

Mark Wahlberg is trying to scare his children off the idea of getting tattoos -- the actor made his two eldest witness him undergo laser treatment to have his ink removed.

The star first went under the needle when he was just 11, but the one-time bad boy has since transformed himself into a family man and wants to remove his skin art in a bid to set a good example to his four kids.

He recently said, "I just don't want my kids to think tattoos are cool."

And Wahlberg admits he's taken to more extreme measures to ensure his daughter Ella, 7, and son Michael, 3, are well aware of the consequences of getting tattooed.

He tells Jay Leno, "I started getting the tattoos removed initially to do 'The Fighter, because I didn't want make-up to cover them up all the time. First time I got them, they all had meaning to them ...

"When I started removing them, they said it'd take five to seven visits. I'd been 20-something times and I took my two oldest to watch because it's like getting burnt with hot baking grease, there's blood coming up, it looks like somebody welded your skin, there's these welts that come up like a quarter of an inch. Hopefully that will deter them from getting (tattoos)."

Seattle Pi Blogs

"When I started removing them, they said it'd take five to seven visits. I'd been 20-something times . . ."

I've done 34 laser sessions. Complete removal of professionally-done tattoos is a virtual fallacy. I did here that Eddy Deutsche (?) got a tattoo completely removed from his neck. Could be BS. I like Mark Wahlberg, and think he's talented, but the above article elicits a smirk.

I don't think he was in oceans 11. Honestly, I can't stand his acting (except in basketball diaries) but I loooove his movies. Except for that M night shamylan movie, the happening. That movie blew!!!

I feel the same about Matt Damon.

I've had two tattoos under the laser. One was a tribal design. It wasn't very solid and after three sessions it is completely gone. You can't see it even if i told you where it was. The second was an outline of a tattoo but it was a HEAVY outline. Midnineties style. It's just about gone after three sessions. I can cover it with just about anything. In fact, when I do get the are tattooed again, I'm getting something black and grey over it.

I don't think he was in oceans 11. Honestly, I can't stand his acting (except in basketball diaries) but I loooove his movies. Except for that M night shamylan movie, the happening. That movie blew!!!

I feel the same about Matt Damon.

I've had two tattoos under the laser. One was a tribal design. It wasn't very solid and after three sessions it is completely gone. You can't see it even if i told you where it was. The second was an outline of a tattoo but it was a HEAVY outline. Midnineties style. It's just about gone after three sessions. I can cover it with just about anything. In fact, when I do get the are tattooed again, I'm getting something black and grey over it.

Julio's right- he's definitely not in Oceans 11.

What he was in though that I thought was some good stupid humor was The Other Guys. Will Farrel stupid humor rules in general though...

I actually think the guy's a decent actor. No Harvey Keitel, but also no Keanu Reeves. I'm watching "The Other Guys" right now, and Wahlberg plays a good foil to Ferrell. The screenplay's well-written, which is critical.

Julio: You've been "lucky" with your removal. You actually got the rough tribal to completely vanish after three sessions? Impressive. Handpoked stuff comes out pronto, but if you have something really laid in there (esp. with greens and yellows), have fun . . .