Thread for posting while getting tattooed

SeeSea

We have a thread called http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/2746-upcoming-tattoos.html where we dream in anticipation, and a thread called http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/15-latest-tattoo-lowdown.html to show off and drool.

We even have http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/tattoo-after-care/2961-thread-we-commiserate-about-healing-our-fresh-tattoos.html to bitch and whine post grind.

But we don't have a thread for that vital slice of time between the dreaming and the bragging and bitching.

Getting the actual tattoo.

I'm getting into the chair, wondering how long this evening's session will be and how much I can stand. Let the drilling begin!

Well, getting kinda zoned here. 6 hours in and trying to take my own advice to @misterJ and suck it up. Changed it up a little and going heavy on the caffeine from the start - seems to be helping. When I first researched, I read to stay away from caffeine but maybe that's a myth. Aiming for another hour or so.

It's 0530 here, just woken and I find myself coming here to LST to help me get in the frame for the day.

The usual routine begins. 0630 extra sweet coffee. 0700 long warm shower. 0745 pack a cooler bag with 6X stubbies of Coopers Pale Ale & Mercury Cider. 0800 hit McDonalds for an English breakfast wrap meal/ small orange juice.

0830 hit the road churning out some Tattooed Mother Fuckers on the stereo.

0915 arrive at destination, tattooer and I close the door to the private room and begin the morning by filling the room with smoke, exchange a few laughs and sharing a couple of stubbies.

1030 in the zone for today's neck slam.

Today, should be done by 1300, home by 1400, hot shower/ cider post tattoo aftercare.

Happy days.

Filling the shark with background today, smoke, flames and lightning.

Quickest way to get the page count into the hundreds.

Ha ha ha!!!

Sad thing is I probably do have photos of just about all the tattooers that have tattooed me!

I have always asked for at least a photo even if they would prefer for me not to post it online.....

I was going to frame a photo on me being tattooed with the stencil from the tattoo......but it has never happened to date! One day i will do some of them though....

Ok, I know it's not happening now and @ironchef just put everyone to shame but found this one of @Scott Sylvia getting all in my side-knee from a few years back. Got a few more I can probably find!

post-147-146168872651_thumb.png

Also @Mick Weder your day sounds incredible. And @Bunny Switchblade we may need a whole new thread dedicated to only your photos!

Haha, no, not what I meant, but anything goes? It all came from a night a couple months ago when I was surfing LST while getting tattooed ... this is what I had written:

Yeah, I was gonna start a thread called "Thread for posting while getting tattooed" (a la "Thread for posting while inebriated") but it would just be full of posts like, "Oohhh, why did I decide to get this multi-session tattoo?", "I seriously signed up for this?", "This is freaking killing me!", "My muscle just won't stop twitching," "I want to tap out now. You can't tap out. But I'm getting close. No you're not, don't be a pussy, it's not a good stopping point. But I'm starting to lose it. Buck up, girlfriend. La la la la la la la la. Where the fuck is my happy place?!? Time to put on the head-banger playlist and scream along to the lyrics in your mind."

But hey, it's a great morning - I didn't stick to the sheets last night!

And then the LAST time I was getting tattooed on Friday, the idea came to be again so I ended up starting the thread for real.

But like I said, anything goes!

Here is me getting tattooed this past Friday night!

DISCLAIMER --- I am a tattooer that served a formal apprenticeship!!!

(just testing out a new set of machines...before I use them on someone else)

- - - Updated - - -

@SeeSea .......That's what i had thought you were talking about originally......but it does seem to have morphed into "anything goes" :)

Getting prepared to depart to the shop... Hoping I have enough time to grab dog food and gatorade before my right arm becomes useless :eek: Also celebrating with a friend that just landed a job later, so post-tattoo cake is in my future. Awwww yeeeeah. I won't be able to post whilst getting tattooed, but I'm just happy to get a tattoo where I don't have to lie down or awkwardly sit and be fidgety.

Getting prepared to depart to the shop... Hoping I have enough time to grab dog food and gatorade before my right arm becomes useless :eek: Also celebrating with a friend that just landed a job later, so post-tattoo cake is in my future. Awwww yeeeeah. I won't be able to post whilst getting tattooed, but I'm just happy to get a tattoo where I don't have to lie down or awkwardly sit and be fidgety.

Is the dog food the new aftercare method? :)