Thread for posting while getting tattooed

SeeSea

Mind you don't get the Chinese-made brands containing plastic shavings, though! I'm a traditionalist, and go with good old Purina, but sometimes treat myself to Mighty Dog (if I've been a real good boy). It does make me try to lick myself, though.

Thru the ether from my LP2

Oh yeah the ol' dog food solution! You may or may not know that cat food works just as well.

But where can we commiserate about wanting a tattoo and having NOTHING booked or even planned out? I got so much work over the past couple years that now is the time I have to slow down. Life has some other expenses for me, debts, bedding sets, etc... but I miss having an appointment to look forward to! I do have some ideas for the future, just don't know when. Guess I just have to live vicariously through you guys for now.

I love you guys. I also heard that dry dog/cat kibble is good because it sucks some of the moisture out of the tattoo, thus closing up the wound more quickly. Just make sure you moisturize a bit to compensate for that effect.

PS @TrixieFaux , this is where having a tattooed partner is helpful - peer pressure and live vicariously through him! That's what I do, it's like having double the body.

I love you guys. I also heard that dry dog/cat kibble is good because it sucks some of the moisture out of the tattoo, thus closing up the wound more quickly. Just make sure you moisturize a bit to compensate for that effect.

PS @TrixieFaux , this is where having a tattooed partner is helpful - peer pressure and live vicariously through him! That's what I do, it's like having double the body.

Good point...he has an appointment with Seth coming up in Nov!

Thanks @Cork - I'm repeating that in my head. Thank you for that.

@Pleadco - um, yeah! But now he's up my shoulder blade and down my ribs. He's jumped over more than half my back! I hate expecting to feel needles HERE and they come down over THERE.

@Mick Weder - good times, all right! But dammit - I'm staying over with friends tonight and forgot to pack a cider for the morning! Dammit! ;)

@SeeSea. What are you going to do for breakfast now?!!

Breakfast ciders are the bestest!

"Booze, Blues & Tattoos"

I know I know. It's a travesty. However, my friends have a well stocked home. If they have no cider, a Bloody Mary will have to suffice.

6 solid hours - I'm so pleased with the progress. And good news - there is an end in sight! He thinks about 5 or 6 more sessions 'till we're done. Going in again next week.

Pictures taken while getting my back done.

Session one:

wuruvo.jpg

Session two:

16ieg7a.jpg

Session three. NOT FUN:

9jds0x.jpg

Next session in a week. Can't wait, not being sarcastic there either. It seems that the more I get tattooed the more I want to get tattooed, and here I was thinking going into this that getting my back done was going to destroy me and make me want to slow down.

I was looking through a tattooer's pics on their instagram a while back and noticed a guy getting his back done in the background and looking like he was about to die.

I looked a little closer and realized that guy was me!

Here's the link to the pic. The account belongs to Jennifer Lawes, now tattooing at The Pearl in Toronto. I haven't been tattooed by her yet, but she is very good. Definitely worth checking out her work.

http://instagram.com/p/n02VwcuTNO/?modal=true

Every time I have a session, I take a picture of the ink cups with all the different colors we're using for the session. Today is a happy palette with green, yellow, dark green, orange, black, white and two different color blues. I'm going to make a little slide show/video when this is all over and use some of these pictures. I don't want to forget some of the interesting details of this experience. Speaking of which, I should probably include a screen shot of this thread! Good times.

Hey @Graeme - are you doing the grind today or tomorrow?

@SeeSea The session is tomorrow, the first weekend session I've had for my back so far. It will be nice not having to take a day off work (or going in after a half day) and not having to go back to work the next day. Though there is something really nice about getting tattooed when you should otherwise be at work.