See you soon San Francisco! Anyone want to meet up?

Iwar

@Wilhell, @Ninab, their 3 year old son Levi and myself will be visiting SF from October 15th till 22nd, and we'd love to hook up with some fellow LSTers while we're there! Don't hesitate to holler if you'd like to meet up with us :)

I was also wondering if anyone knew what the best mode of transportation to and from San Jose is. I'm booked with Horitomo on Saturday (the 18th), and I have to get from SF to SJ and back. I'm considering renting a car, but from what I can tell most car rentals are closed on weekends, so I'd have to rent friday through monday if I go that route.

Any tips on exhibitions, museums, bars (don't worry, Levi's not tagging along for that one) etc are also more than welcome.

If anyone's wondering, Wilhelm is getting tattooed by O'Donnell and Hoyer in NY the week before, then Rassier and Lehi in SF. Nina is booked with Scott Sylvia, and I'm in with Grime and Horitomo. If we're lucky there might be one or two walkins along the way too :)

Hah, I am actually flying down with the wife and kids for a wedding that same weekend. Most car rental agencies should be open still. It looks like you can rent a car from Enterprise for around $30 a day.

If you want, I'll trade you places for the weekend. Sitting around in a stuffy suit is waaay more fun then than the amazing weekend you have lined up ;)

P.S. has anyone been to the San Francisco dungeon?

Retribution Awaits at the San Francisco Dungeons …:

@Iwar, @Wilhell, & @Ninab. It's a shame. You're leaving just before I fly up for the Convention. It would have been fun meeting. Looks like you'll all be getting in sessions with awesome folks though. Definitely sounds like a cool trip.

Iwar, in regards to renting a car, you should be able to rent one in the City. Many probably do close by 5 or 6pm if you're returning late in the evening. And I believe most/all are closed on Sunday. I do remember there's at least an Enterprise Rental connected to the Nikko Hotel a few blocks up from the Powell BART Station. Being attached to a hotel, you can drop off the car with the hotel valet at night for an extra fee. Other than that there's renting from SFO. Open 24/7. Just take BART to and from the City. With the sometimes more expensive rental fees in the city and the extra charge for afterhours drop off, I've sometimes found this cheaper.

I've never tried it, but there's also the train route. Take the train all the way down to San Jose and über it to the shop.

What are you getting from Horitomo?

It looks like you can rent a car from Enterprise for around $30 a day.

If you want, I'll trade you places for the weekend. Sitting around in a stuffy suit is waaay more fun then than the amazing weekend you have lined up ;)

Thanks for the tip @Pleadco! I'll look into that. Oh, and I wouldn't trade it for the world, haha! Been looking forward to this for almost a year now. Are you planning on going to the convention while you're already in the neighborhood?

- - - Updated - - -

@Iwar, @Wilhell, & @Ninab. It's a shame. You're leaving just before I fly up for the Convention. It would have been fun meeting. Looks like you'll all be getting in sessions with awesome folks though. Definitely sounds like a cool trip.

Iwar, in regards to renting a car, you should be able to rent one in the City. Many probably do close by 5 or 6pm if you're returning late in the evening. And I believe most/all are closed on Sunday. I do remember there's at least an Enterprise Rental connected to the Nikko Hotel a few blocks up from the Powell BART Station. Being attached to a hotel, you can drop off the car with the hotel valet at night for an extra fee. Other than that there's renting from SFO. Open 24/7. Just take BART to and from the City. With the sometimes more expensive rental fees in the city and the extra charge for afterhours drop off, I've sometimes found this cheaper.

I've never tried it, but there's also the train route. Take the train all the way down to San Jose and über it to the shop.

What are you getting from Horitomo?

Bummer! I would have loved to meet up and check out your amazing tattoos in person. I'm sure we'll get another opportunity sometime in the future though :) Thanks for the car rental tips by the way!

I'm joining the monmon club.

My schedule during the second half of October belongs solely to family and work, so I will be missing the convention. That being said, the small amount of time I will have available during our visit will be used attempting to stop by as many shops as possible.

Monmon for the win!

I'm down to meet up, but I'm in Fremont. Perhaps we can hook up in the South Bay after your Monmon cat. Otherwise, if there's a larger LST group meeting up, I can see if I can make it work.

- I don't know if there's a current exhibit, but ATAK SF might be worth checking out.

- The Exploratorium is fun for kids.

- I haven't checked it out yet, but all tattoo heads love skulls! There's an exhibit at California Academy of Sciences.

- Before or after Blackheart, you should check out Clarion Alley for a free exhibit of some badass graffiti. You should also grab a burrito while you're over there!!

- If you're into views, I like Twin Peaks, Treasure Island, and Bakers Beach.

- Mitchell's ice cream is pretty close to Skull and Sword... nice reward after suffering some bodily harm.

- Bars are all over the place. I'd probably ask your tattooers or just wander around and find one that meets your preferences.

Enjoy!

@Iwar I also suggest California Academy of Sciences. My son is 3 and a half and loves that place. We live about 2 hours away from SF, but he always asks to go there and the SF zoo. I actually will be at State of Grace on the 18th (what time will you be there?) also my wife and I will be at Blackheart on the 22nd and I would be down to meet up and hang out for a while why my wife gets tattooed.

@Iwar I also suggest California Academy of Sciences. My son is 3 and a half and loves that place. We live about 2 hours away from SF, but he always asks to go there and the SF zoo. I actually will be at State of Grace on the 18th (what time will you be there?) also my wife and I will be at Blackheart on the 22nd and I would be down to meet up and hang out for a while why my wife gets tattooed.

Thanks for the tips dude. Since we depart on the 22nd I doubt we'll have time to meet up then. I'm still waiting to hear from Molly regarding the time of my Horitomo appointment, but I'll hopefully get that info soon. It would be awesome if we crossed paths there. When will you be there, and for how long? Are you getting tattooed or just stopping by?

Thanks @OutOfIdeas. I've stopped by Zeitgeist on my previous visits. Good place!

- - - Updated - - -

We should figure out another dinner! Either way, super down to hang out!

That would be great!

Thanks for the tips dude. Since we depart on the 22nd I doubt we'll have time to meet up then. I'm still waiting to hear from Molly regarding the time of my Horitomo appointment, but I'll hopefully get that info soon. It would be awesome if we crossed paths there. When will you be there, and for how long? Are you getting tattooed or just stopping by? [/Quote]

I will be getting my back worked on with Jill starting at 2 and we usually go for about 4-5 hours. The earliest appointments are at 11 (as I write this I am at State of Grace waiting for my appointment with Horitomo) so we should cross paths.