23 Washington kid wants some tattoos

rockwilder32

Hey all! My names Ryan. I'm joining these forums just so I have better knowledge if what tattoos I'd want. I'm excited to join.

I recently got the attached tattoo, my first, and have mixed feelings on it. I feel like I could have picked a better design. I'm now considering getting a sleeve to help integrate the tattoo and make it look better.

10593395_489606921174732_1040180785_n.jpg

Edited by hogg

The most important thing is whether or not you love it! But in terms of the quality of the tattoo, it's beautiful. People who are criticizing it are either dumb or have never seen tattoos that look like that before, and think all tattoos are supposed to be tribal dolphins or something. Do not sweat it; it's a great tattoo and a great start.

Hey David, I'd drive to Seattle for the right artist. Do you have a recommendation? That dragon is looking gnarly.

Triumph is a good shop, Jason does solid work also. You can certainly go back there to finish up your arm, but I wouldn't be concerned about it if you wanted to expand your horizons with different artist(s).

There are a ton of great shops down in Seattle, and I might have a few suggestions for you ;)

Slave to the Needle Tattoos and Body Piercing in Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma : Aaron Bell, Levi Polzin, Cindy Maxwell.

Rabid Hands : Bryan Kachel and Jerad Shealey.

Dark Age Tattoo - Dark Age Tattoo Seattle : Jesse Roberts (his waiting list is only a couple of months)

There are more, but that should get you started. British Columbia is also chock full of great tattooers, if you have your passport or enhanced drivers license.

Cheers!

I vote for sticking to the same artist for a more powerful cohesive look on this arm. A dragon, foo dog, or more koi would look great above that and having the same artist helps everything flow. Then when you are done with this arm start a new sleeve on the other arm with a new artist.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the tattoo! I know it was well done. I was in a different frame of mind in my first post cause of one dumb persons opinion. Not sure who I will have finish the arm but I'm thinking a foo dog would look sweet. I'll show it off once I get it worked on.

Your artist has a foo dog painting posted on his Instagram. Seems like a perfect fit.