Tramp Stamps!

Robbie Kass

Some women decide to get tattooed to adorn their bodies and some get those goofy little (imo) designs painted on their finger nails for $100+ dollars.......to each his/her own!

<3

Fodder for another perfect comparison. I've used comparisons as superlatives when people try to extract from me how much this costs. Hmmm. A mani-pedi (manicure and pedicure) with fance-shmancy goofy designs on each one at a mid-level place with tip can get to $100. And let's assume a round $150 tattoo per-hour rate. Say the Housewives of (insert your favorite suburban/metro area here) have their nails done every two weeks. Let's even stick them with some chipped nails and say every 3 weeks. Let's contrast that with a 3 hour tattoo session with tip at $500 (NO TIP COMMENTS PLEASE). A break-even on these babies is 4 months. In other words, if you have a tattoo session less frequently than once every 4 months, then you spend less than the nail girls do.

So it's easy to say, "yeah, my getting tattoos costs less than nail maintenance for those who regularly paint their nails." (Ok, not ME in particular, but you get the idea. :))

Sorry Bunny - I know you'd say screw any type of justification, but your comment reminded me of the plainskins thread and things to say to derail such questions from well-meaning friends without sounding like an ass.

[Edited to correct typo]

I consider make-up....clothing.....hair (even facial) styles......and anything else humans do to alter their appearance to either be different or the same (including tattoos) as body mods! (maybe clothing is not an actual mod to the physical body but it still has the same affect.....

I have seen some people I personally think look ridiculous (although I do hold my tongue because that is their form of self expression) so I am sure there are those who feel the same about me/us!

BUT.....no one should ever be ashamed to be who they are and freely express that!

Society does it's best to force people to conform.....that will never be me....he he he....even though I do and have fallen into that trap on occasion!

:D