Cider Snobs...

marley mission

• 2 weeks later...

Redd's Apple Ale. Ugh. Tastes like there is some sort of plastic in it. I have 5 left for sale.

Original Sin Cider - ok, seems like a beerish version of cider. I'll drink it, but won't buy it again.

Dropped back and punted with a couple Smith and Frorges. It's a great Halloween! Here's Fishy! He was a fun pumpkin to do this year but it was a race to get him carved before the kids came!

I had a tough session last night. So I worked my way through 4 ciders today.

Strongbow is a light cider like Angry Orchard, a bit more heavy but somewhat interchangeable. Pretty good light stuff.

Sam Adams Seasonal cider is just like a Sam Adams seasonal beer with an apple squeezed into it. Not really like a cider. Good if you like Sam Adams. I'll take a pass next time.

Duclaws is like a heavy stout, also with an apple squeezed into it. I wouldn't suspect was a cider unless I really thought about it. Didn't care for it as a cider, but decent compared with Guinness stout. I'd like to find a cider that is heavy like this, but Duclaws didn't do it for me. But a good beer choice.

River Horse is a local cider from Lambertville NJ that is pumpkin-based. Medium body and good taste, the best of the bunch today.

I had a tough session last night.

Strongbow is a light cider like Angry Orchard, a bit more heavy but somewhat interchangeable. Pretty good light stuff.

Bummer about the tough session @SeeSea, some are hard to get through no matter how we prepare eh.

Good ya chillin trying a range of new cider but. We don't have the same variety of choice here but it's growing.

Stronbow. I remember drinking this stuff in the 750ml bottles across the bar when we were young for like $2 a bottle...way before cider became popular.

A nice Australian cider made in Tasmania is Mercury Draught. If you can find that anywhere, highly recommended. Not too sweet, not too dry...just right.

Happy cider sipping recovery day :)

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I became well acquainted with Bambi a few days ago... been stuck in a hotel while the truck is being made road legal.

Anyway, I braved the arctic winds to walk a few hundred yards to the bar just now, decided to try McKenzie's Hard Cider on tap, good stuff! Then again, I know jack about cider, but tastes perty good to me!

Deer hunters aren't keeping up! Double their limits! This is why I try to avoid riding at night.

custom tapatalk sig goes here

I know it. Being a trucker I can't avoid running at night sometimes, got this one about 3am. Had just started to snow lightly; watching the road for slick spots I didn't even see the poor bastard come out of the ditch.

• 1 month later...