google images

trashpolkakid

I would ask them what they specifically like about those pictures and assure them if you can that you will include what aspects they want. These people are usually stubborn, but if you explain how a custom piece would benefit them more (since they probably don't care about your rules for yourself) they might be more apt to listen to your ideas. Explain that changing the picture could give them an opportunity to truly put some of themselves in it, how jealous other people might be because they'll be the only person with it and that's really cool. Like someone else said, you're the salesperson. Show them why it should matter to them.

I walked into a shop, shopping for a new artist in early January. I had a tattoo book with me and wanted to bounce a few ideas off the artist. I was open to something else, rather than copy what was in the book. So she pulls out this coloring book and hands it to me, "I think there's some tiger & panther heads in this one.".

And there sure was. Since she paid for the book, she owned the art within. I never compared the stencils back to the book, but a lot of the background was changed up to fit what I expected and also to go with some existing work on me.

Hello, i hope i dont come off as too brutally honest that it may seem offensive, but the only way you can do that, (something which i practise)

is to instead of turning them away, offer to draw something up for them. and the only way they will like it is that if its better then the original.

take the time to listen to what they want. offer solutions. its not an easy road, i do 99% custom work. i spend too much time drawing. at least 16 hours per design.