Looking to get second tattoo

Jonathan Lwowski

Hey everyone!

I am looking to get a second tattoo. First of all I am not sure where I should put my next tattoo. I was thinking inner bicep. My first tattoo is on my deltoid.

post-51990-14616887293_thumb.jpg

post-51990-146168872925_thumb.jpg

I have two main ideas in mind. My first is getting a tattoo of the words "knowledge is power" in binary similar to this tattoo.

post-51990-146168872923_thumb.jpg

Also I was thinking of somehow combining an owl which is a symbol of knowledge with an eagle with is the symbol for power. What do you think of these ideas?

Is there a way to combine the eagle and owl into one tattoo? I would want that in order to symbolize the knowledge is power quote I like

The right artist might be able to make it work but I personally prefer to stick to images that traditionally look good as tattoos. You could have the eagle holding a rolled scroll in it's talons maybe with some binary written on it....

• 3 weeks later...

Great advice all round already.

I have this hunch you'll be wanting to tattoo heavily.

Think big and ways that your images will contribute to suiting / sleeve out.

A big fuck off eagle in flight (yes I'm biased to this idea, but for a reason...they're cool as fuck), a dragon, which can engulf a whole limb with its body work, scale pattern and shit.

Even that cross on your delt, you could incorporate a half sleeve of a Viking theme...warriors, rune tablets, castles... You get the drift.

Anyway, just off the top of me head. Your in the right place here for inspiration.

Good luck!!

"Booze, Blues & Tattoos"

Hey everyone!

I am looking to get a second tattoo. First of all I am not sure where I should put my next tattoo. I was thinking inner bicep. My first tattoo is on my deltoid.

[ATTACH]11472[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11471[/ATTACH]

I have two main ideas in mind. My first is getting a tattoo of the words "knowledge is power" in binary similar to this tattoo.

[ATTACH]11470[/ATTACH]

Also I was thinking of somehow combining an owl which is a symbol of knowledge with an eagle with is the symbol for power. What do you think of these ideas?

Into it! You should get those tattoos.

• 2 months later...

Don't try to cram so much meaning into one design that you sacrifice aesthetic. If an owl represents knowledge, just get a badass owl. If you want more of a personal touch, get it in a style that you really like.

I can appreciate a good skin rip that looks like you're seeing into the body and its components. However, I don't think that binary fits into that concept as well as biomech or anatomical. It's too static and looks more like ripped or burned paper in my opinion.

First things first, decide on the style of tattoo you want, find your favourite artist to do the job, book in a consultation tell your chosen artist your ideas and show them some good reference material that you found at your local library "do some solid research for reference" and walk away feeling like you have just won lotto.

If you put in extra effort finding good quality reference material "not other peoples tattoos" your chosen artist will appreciate that and I am sure the end result will be what you are trying to achieve.

• 2 months later...

I would recommend going with what you think is the best. Tattoo should be something you would not regret, therefore they should have deep level of personal connection (imo).

There are many databases online that you can get inspired from. For example, you can search tumblr or pintrest for inspiration. You can even search devianart for more artistic inspiration. Another website I know is tattoosomfg.com It's just easy browsing and they don't require you to register with their site which makes it more convenient.

Good luck!

neither am I but owl and eagle in same tattoo project seems interesting
Eagle and owl are both great symbols - and tattoos. Would be very interested to see them in the same piece.

These. Provided your artist can make it look right.

As a pretty new lurker/poster on this site, the traditional tattoos are the best tattoos vibe is pretty strong. IMO.