New to tattoo world, but working on a new half-sleeve

somebody13

Hey everyone, i'm new to the tattoo world an am working on my first tattoo, a black and grey half-sleeve made up of skulls and organic lines with lots of shading

and amazing line work.

Will post pics when finished and will enter the tattoo of the month club.

My tattoo artist is Andy Ferrier out of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, which is where I am located. Andy is an amazingly skilled artist who wins handfuls of awards and is known for his line work, detail, shading and Big pieces. He works at a shop named Utility Tattoo's. Check out his gallery.

- - - Updated - - -

May have used the wrong terminology. The organic reference was meant for the line work and style of filler and shading, it is very flowing as opposed to bio-mechanical or something more rigid. Will post some pics when I figure out how.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to think I am as awesome a chef as my username applies, :cool:. 25 years in the industry, mostly in high end French dining.

- - - Updated - - -

Working on first 1/2 sleeve, 3 mean looking skulls with glowing red eyes and flowing hoods and lots of shading and flowing lines for the filler and background. All black and grey, except for the red eyes, with a lot of really heavy black to make it really pop. All of the line work done ( 5 hours ), and 1/4 of the shading done. Should be all done by end of December.

Will start working on the other 1/2 sleeve ( right side ), in april, to be followed by attaching the two sleeves by doing the chest ( no abdomen) then the top half of the back.

Working on the healing process. Had 1/4 of the shading done and Doing what I think is some really good after-care, washing 3-5 times a day, letting it dry out completely afterwards, then applying some really good unscented moisturizer with the first 2 ingredients being aqua and glycerin. On day 5 of healing and starting to peel nicely and only a a few tiny little area's of minimal rough scab like surface, but wondering if the darkness of the shading will lessen? Want to see more of the definition.

• 1 month later...

thanks MMx5, they are pretty kick-ass and its not even finished yet. I am having another reaper w / full hood and sicle put on the front of my forearm surrounded by flames and a pair of ace of spades cards put on the under-side of my forearm also surrounded by flames, to make it a full sleeve. Then once all the black and grey is done, he is putting red in the eyes of all the reapers and small bits of red in the background to make it look like it is glowing red behind the tattoo and then will finish it off with a few white highlights. Will post pics through out the process.