can i talk among others about my setup?

jacoboxsi

had someone tell me that i shouldn't post about what equipment I use personally. I totally get that you don't spill other's beans, that's not really cool. but if it's my own, that should be fine right? read the rules and it seemed to apply to exposing other's set-ups. confused...

I'm not an artist but I can tell you the answer is going to be something along the lines of:

best option would be to ask the other artists in your shop.

or get tattooed, network, and maybe learn a few things while getting tattooed.

i'm speaking of what I use personally. like when i'm tattooing not when im getting worked on.

The issue is that this is a public forum built for tattooers and enthusiasts alike, most of us simply love getting tattoos and want a place to talk about our passion and have a place to check out new artists and discuss the radness of others work. We don't discuss the technical aspects of the craft because for a majority of the forum it is irrelevant to our discussion, and, being public, should we talk about the technicalities of tattooing, any jerk-off scratcher can come along, read what was discussed and attempt to use that knowledge in butchering their friends.

The issue is that this is a public forum built for tattooers and enthusiasts alike, most of us simply love getting tattoos and want a place to talk about our passion and have a place to check out new artists and discuss the radness of others work. We don't discuss the technical aspects of the craft because for a majority of the forum it is irrelevant to our discussion, and, being public, should we talk about the technicalities of tattooing, any jerk-off scratcher can come along, read what was discussed and attempt to use that knowledge in butchering their friends.
Loose lips sink ships, including your own.

Didn't think about it that way at all. I know if I'm eating some spaghetti with a fellow artist it's a lot different. thanks for the insight. I can be pretty ignorant to the fact that there are folks out there that may not know what they're doing and try and emulate what others do. Wouldn't want someone out there to get fucked up by using a method that may be particular to that artist. thanks guys!

Yeah....public forum.....so don't discuss it here!

Funny how 10 years ago you would get told to mind your own business if you asked what pigment your tattooers was using and the bottles in a lot of shops had no labels!

Now people are "sponsored" and they hashtag it all over the fuckin place and fly the banners high at conventions!!!

Keep your set up a mystery to the public......they don't need to know anything!

AND.......if a tattooer is nice enough to share something with you it is privileged info and only for your ears....not for your mouth to repeat it (even to another artist)......that's how I have always tried to treat it at least!

Yeah....public forum.....so don't discuss it here!

Funny how 10 years ago you would get told to mind your own business if you asked what pigment your tattooers was using and the bottles in a lot of shops had no labels!

Now people are "sponsored" and they hashtag it all over the fuckin place and fly the banners high at conventions!!!

Keep your set up a mystery to the public......they don't need to know anything!

AND.......if a tattooer is nice enough to share something with you it is privileged info and only for your ears....not for your mouth to repeat it (even to another artist)......that's how I have always tried to treat it at least!

oh definitely. that's one thing i've always been really closed mouth about. thanks to everyone for the insight. haha