Native American Flash

Hello, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anybody had any flash of native american ladies, but from a portrait perspective. Similar to the images attached. I want to get one for a chest piece but I'm having difficulty finding any references.

Thank you in advance!

You won't really need specific reference. Go to your favorite GOOD tattooer with a nice photo of a pretty girl in the pose you want. Then tell him or her what you'd like to get and in what style. They should be able to draw one for you OR point you in the direction of someone that can.

Maybe take in a photo of a head dress you like as well. The tattooer should be able to fill in the blanks.

Actually that's the problem. I've been living in Singapore for the past 8 years, and there aren't any artists that do pure traditional. Since we're so far in the east, most artists have developed either doing Japanese, or the tribal artwork of the surrounding area. However, I will be travelling to my hometown of Newcastle, England, and plan to get something done there, so I was planning to have my chest done there. I'm only 17 so sadly traveling around England isn't an option.

Thanks!

Actually that's the problem. I've been living in Singapore for the past 8 years, and there aren't any artists that do pure traditional. Since we're so far in the east, most artists have developed either doing Japanese, or the tribal artwork of the surrounding area. However, I will be travelling to my hometown of Newcastle, England, and plan to get something done there, so I was planning to have my chest done there. I'm only 17 so sadly traveling around England isn't an option.

Thanks!

wait a year til you're 18 and can travel on your own and save up money and go to someone that you'll get a killer tattoo from rather than just an average one. trust me it's worth the wait. the chest is a big spot that anything less than an awesome tattoo won't do justice for the rest of you're life...

Thank you all for the advice, and I agree that is a big spot. I'll probably return to England, or travel somewhere else (i.e America/Japan) after I finish school, so I think i'll head down to Jayne Doe tattoo parlour then. Or somehow convince my father to take me down, it's my favourite tattoo shop in all of England.

Thanks guys!

Thank you all for the advice, and I agree that is a big spot. I'll probably return to England, or travel somewhere else (i.e America/Japan) after I finish school, so I think i'll head down to Jayne Doe tattoo parlour then. Or somehow convince my father to take me down, it's my favourite tattoo shop in all of England.

Thanks guys!

Good call. They do some really nice work out of Jayne Doe.

wait a year til you're 18 and can travel on your own and save up money and go to someone that you'll get a killer tattoo from rather than just an average one. trust me it's worth the wait. the chest is a big spot that anything less than an awesome tattoo won't do justice for the rest of you're life...

I totally agree with Jake on this one.

Use the time till you turn 18 to save up and research different artists portfolios online. Another nice thing too is that with a website for a shop you can usually see how clean it is too and how they operate the shop. Find an artist who's work is really impressive and contact them with your idea. Make sure to ask all the other important questions too. For example; How long has the artist been tattooing? Is there a long waiting list for booking appointments?

Make sure to check the database here on this site about the artists that are highly recommend. There are piles of amazing artists here.

Thank you all for the very kind advice! I do check out my shop before I would ever get something done there, and sadly I haven't felt comfortable in any of the shops I've been in here, so I will definitely save up and travel after I finish school. Hopefully I can get a few tattoos on the way haha.

Sadly, I rushed into my first tattoo and got a gypsy head on my stomach, I still like her a lot, but I came to regret the placement as I have fallen in love with full frontal chestpieces (as in the stomach and chest are one whole piece), but because of her I won't be able to get that, so I'll travel somewhere, get this Native American lady, and full in the gaps from there!

Also, Jake, I do like Valerie Vargas' women very much, but I prefer my women a bit more simple/traditional! Thank you for the recommendation though!