Greetings from Baltimore!

MattB

Greetings from Baltimore!!!

My name is Matt, I'm just your typical office jockey that's into tattoos, art, music, crossfit and anything outdoors. I've been lurking on here since I started getting tattooed 3+ years ago. Hopefully I can contribute some quality/thoughtful posts in the future. The attached images are of my 2 latest tattoos done earlier this year by Christian Beckman at Saints & Sinners Tattoo in Baltimore. I have some other work I’ll post later when I get some pics. Thanks for having me.

post-52179-146168872987_thumb.jpg

post-52179-146168872993_thumb.jpg

Welcome. Christian is a good dude! Any other tattoo plans? Maryland has a really rad lineup of quality tattooers these days.

I'm actually going to see Christian about a ROA next. Hopefully I'll book something for November. Other MD tattooers on my list are Todd Noble, Brett Burnham, and Gary Gerhardt just to name a few. I also have some work from Matt Taylor from Saints & Sinners. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome fellow Marylander!

Matt Rinks.....Brady Duncan....Eric Gregory......Dave Sobel......Uncle Paulie......Hunter Spanks......Tom Beasley......Kike Castillo....Vinnie Meyers! And these people to your list of Baltimore tattooers you should get tattooed by or at least look into!

Shop loyalty is awesome......BUT with as much talent as we have in Baltimore it is almost silly to be a loyalist!

Frederick has some incredible artists.....Hagerstown has Dave Kruseman.......and the list could go on honestly!

My dad tattooed in Baltimore in the 70's with Charlie Geizer. And my grandfather was Vinnie Myers barber before he passed away.

Who was your Dad... Big Henry???

My mentor is Gale Watkins....wife of Dennis Watkins (RIP)

And some of my first apprentice tattoos were done at Tattoo Charlies Place before Gale sold it a year ago!

Very Cool!

I'm not sure what nickname he went by back then. It might have been rags or smiley. But his name was Henry also. He knew Dennis and Gail before they got Charlies place.

I still have Charlie's obituary. My dad had one Charlie's brass machines.

That's awesome.....I will mention this to Gale this evening when I see her!

Very cool!!! :D

- - - Updated - - -

@MattB .... Baltimore/Maryland is a very strange city when it comes to tattooing!

There are some really amazing options....a person could stay within a 50 mile radius and get GREAT tattoos by so many different tattooers and never get a bad tattoo as long as they understood who the right people to go to are!

Then factor in NYC/PHILLY/DC & Richmond and you have insane choices of world class tattooers!

But for some reason the Baltimore tattoo community seem to be more "shop" loyal than they are "tattoo quality" loyal!

Nothing really wrong with that....but people really cheat themselves but doing that!

You sound like you are definitely on the right path to getting some amazing work!!!

Keep that mindset!

I'm actually going to see Christian about a ROA next. Hopefully I'll book something for November. Other MD tattooers on my list are Todd Noble, Brett Burnham, and Gary Gerhardt just to name a few. I also have some work from Matt Taylor from Saints & Sinners. Thanks for the welcome.

Nice work dude..I also want to get tattooed by Gary Gerhardt...his work is so clean..And this dude does nice work in Baltimore too@ Instagram