Hello from singapore!

Johnny Chan Fan Hui

Hi everybody, I am a military personnel from Singapore. I have never gotten a tattoo before. However, I am looking to have one next month when I turn 25. I wanted to ask for suggestions here in this site and choose the best of all to get inked onto my chest.

But I could only post that request in the "Tattoo Designs, Books and Flash" section, if I have been here for 3 days, and have submitted at least 10 posts. I guess I might as well start here. Anyway, regarding the post I was thinking of making, can I start it in "Tattoo Designs, Books and Flash", or is there a better section to do it? Thanks.

Welcome to LST!

Depending on the kind of tattoo design you're thinking of, it's also worth looking at some of the longer threads that already exist on particular designs (dragons, koi etc).

Hey Rory,

I am thinking of getting a tattoo designed to symbolize a tough lessons I learnt the hard way. It could be a symbolic object, or a meaningful logo. Something simplistic and not too "boyish" (e.g. dragons, swords, etc). The most important requirement is that it should be as big as a face of a watch, and should look good in the mirror because I am going to look at it every morning to remind me of the lesson.

With that said, should I post my story over here? Or in some other section? Thank.

It's not a big deal where you post- but you'll probably get better feedback if you keep it in one thread.

I would suggest figuring out what style you want first... Japanese? Traditional American? Then narrow down the subject matter. Something classic / iconic is hard to go wrong with.

A tattoo the size of a watch face is pretty small though: might be worth going Palm-sized at least. Bigger is better to a certain extent.

Welcome!

Something simplistic and not too "boyish" (e.g. dragons, swords, etc).

Uh oh.

The most important requirement is that it should be as big as a face of a watch, and should look good in the mirror because I am going to look at it every morning to remind me of the lesson.

With that said, should I post my story over here? Or in some other section? Thank.

Hopefully it's a pretty big watch. There won't be a lot of detail in something that small, if you want to make anything out in a mirror.

You can keep chatting here about it. In fact, it's kinda nice because other folks have done that, and then come back to their intro thread and posted pics of what they finally got! It makes for a nice complete story.

Welcome!

Uh oh.

Hopefully it's a pretty big watch. There won't be a lot of detail in something that small, if you want to make anything out in a mirror.

You can keep chatting here about it. In fact, it's kinda nice because other folks have done that, and then come back to their intro thread and posted pics of what they finally got! It makes for a nice complete story.

HAHA. Or maybe i should say "not too cliche". And yea, I am intending to post a picture of it here (that is if I can find a good one) here to update everyone. :) Thanks