Weird password glitch

I had a weird clitch just now when I was logging in. I typed my name and then when I typed my password, it didnt show up as the black dots, but as normal text. I deleted it and was thinking what the fuck. Then I wrote it again, pushed enter, and for a few seconds the password was as writing and then turned to black dots.

Anyone else had this?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We haven't made any changes on the forum to trigger what you have described, but that could be an indication of a virus or spyware infecting your personal computer.

I'm not saying that you have a virus for sure at all, but it would be worth running an anti-virus scan, and I would recommend changing any passwords that you have seen this sort of thing happen with - just to be safe.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a setting for your web browser that will do that. It will show what you are typing either as you type each letter or with some the whole word or phrase. If you have started using a new browser, like Safari or Mozzila, or updated your current browser it may be defaulted that way. Shouldn't be anything to be concerned with.