1 month old tattoo has blurred line, artist calls it migration not blowout

flowergirl

As far as a root of a problem, there's a bunch of different things that could have happened. They may have made a mistake, or you may have twitched (even an involuntary nerve twitch), causing the needle to penetrate a bit too deeply... tattooing is a two way street, and not all of the issues that can arise are the tattooer's fault. If you want it fixed, it sounds like about all you can have done is have that line made a bit bolder, and everything else modified to match.

Also, a one inch line with markings for smaller measurements is a fairly difficult tattoo, if you want it laser straight. I sweat those more than big roses or skulls. Plus, if you have it for practical reasons, I feel a ruler would be much better, so that you're not measuring things on an uneven, rounded surface all the time. Plus, as the tattoo naturally ages with you, those lines won't be perfect measurements anymore, just to let you know.

i think you are misunderstanding the feedback here - there isnt anything that can be done with that tattoo

so folks are just being real with you

also - people are correct in saying that you will need to get over it

and you will

i also believe that if you get into getting tattoos

and get more tattoos - your perspective will totally change

you will be able to appreciate the imperfection of it all

which in turn lets you appreciate the specialness of it all

little story - i got my first tattoo about 5 or 6 years ago

a small cartoon tattoo - plankton from spongebob

hey hey don't judge ;)

anyway - it got infected - i lost skin

it got scarred

and became of scarred blur of color

this was on my calf - my only tattoo

for all the world to see

so i said to myself - ok - tattoos are obviously not for me

i get a tattoo and look what happens

my friends affectionately referred to said tattoo as my tattastrophe

it was embarrassing but i dont mind laughing at myself so whatevs

well a year goes by and i felt like i still wanted to get tattooed

so i find a guy to do a cover of this scarred mess with a bob marley tattoo

he tells me ok but says with how bad the scarring is the cover might come out 'so-so'

and it did come out 'so-so' - you can still see the 'ghost' of plankton

but hey - it was better than it was imo - so i'm living with it

so what happens next to this bermuda triangle on my calf - i get attacked by a pitbull

long story - need a diff thread

so now i have - on my calf - a bob marley covering a scarred plankton with missing ink from said dog bites

check my gallery - there is a pic :)

so what did i do - i kept getting tattooed - and i love it

i dont worry about imperfections

or if something doesnt heal right - i got some of those too

i got weird tatts, funny tatts

i love getting tattoos - i like how it feels - i like the way a tattoo shop smells

and sounds

so long story over - i hope you stay with it

get more tatts

and just wait and see - this might end up being your favorite one day

not cause its perfect - but because it was the start of a journey

There's really not much else that people can add to answer your question, your question has already been answered and you've been given advice as to what to do next and you don't want to hear what people have to say. Yes the blowout (what your tattoo artist is calling migration) sucks, and aside from lasering or covering up/adding to your existing tattoo there is nothing that can be done by you, me, your tattoo artist, or anyone else for that matter. Deal with it.

Not to be obtuse but ask your tattooer - or, at this point, maybe a different tattooer. If you don't like the answer then decide whether or not to be tattooed by them. Your tattooer wants his/her work to look great, just like you do. You came in with a pretty tall order - straight lines & right angles on an irregular surface with strange curvature and 0 shading space. At this point you can basically love it, hate it, laser it or cover it. It's on your skin now.

what an unsupportive community. i'm out if all people are going to do is insult me and my tattoo.

you shouldn't worry about others opinion's. my grandma hates my tattoo's, do I care not at all. I didn't get them for her I got em for me. most everyone makes mistakes when it comes to your first tattoo, myself included. Live and learn. Now I just get tattoo's from top notch artists to blow the shitty one's away.

what an unsupportive community. i'm out if all people are going to do is insult me and my tattoo.

@flowergirl, we all get that you are upset with the tattoo. I would be too, based on what I can see you wanted.

But please, do you really believe everyone here has insulted you and your tattoo? Go back and read the feedback you've gotten without trying to find insults in it. Many people, including me, tried to explain what might have happened, and tried to help you take next steps. That's not insulting you, and it's not insulting your tattoo. It bugs me that you are trashing me and the advice I tried to give you, to help you. What did I do to deserve this animosity from you?

Your comment above was pretty insulting to everyone here. If that's the way you are going to talk to us, then yes, it might be best if you leave.

However, if you want to behave like an adult - recognize you will get a range of comments about something that clearly means a lot to you, it's very possible that you might take some of them personally, when they were not written that way.

And as I said before, and still mean it, good luck.

Ok, I tried. @Mick Weder maybe you can gather us all around the campfire and sing a few songs? I'll feeling awfully down and attacked when all I tried to do is help. ::sniff sniff:: But she's amended it to only "SOME" people on this board. ;) Chalk up another one.

I think I got some of the same "love" from you immature and inconsiderates when I freaked out about blow-out early in my LST days. I suppose the LST welcome rules should include a clause and understanding that at some point, someone will break your balls.

But hey, those were some of the most exciting "lurker 10 thread minimum" amusing posts in a while.

- - - Updated - - -

if a mod stops by, i'd really like you to delete this thread. i'm tired of being attacked.

If a mod stops by, leave up this thread as an example of how a newbie expect the world to stop when they ask a question and then ignore the answers they don't like. Answers from excellent tattoo artists and those with a boatload of experience and those sporting tattoos with blowouts. Answers that complete strangers spent time writing and holding her hand.

Yeah, we are a completely terrible rude bunch. We should all (ok, mostly) be banned. I mean, really. :: rolls eyes ::

(And yes, I know the thread won't be deleted.)

Did I miss something?

I didn't see any picture.

She removed it. It was a single line with maybe 5 smaller tick marks like a ruler. Some notion of measuring something. Maybe it was 2 inches long. It probably took about 5 minutes to do - longer than the total time I've spent trying to help her out and chill her down. A tick mark at the bottom and the bottom bar were blown out, or "migrated" as she was told.

@flowergirl Sometimes you get what you give. You got plenty of good advice here--far more than you deserve--but you're still acting like an entitled brat. And yeah, you got a tattoo that was never going to work. Even if the linework was really precise and crisp right now, every tattoo is going to blow out over time because that is the nature of tattoos and skin, and a line an inch or two long with tiny markings at right angles to that line to mark fractions of that inch, is never going to age well. It's on you now though, so deal with it.