1 month old tattoo has blurred line, artist calls it migration not blowout

flowergirl

If a mod stops by, leave up this thread as an example of how a newbie expect the world to stop when they ask a question and then ignore the answers they don't like. Answers from excellent tattoo artists and those with a boatload of experience and those sporting tattoos with blowouts. Answers that complete strangers spent time writing and holding her hand.

Truth. Most of us treat this space as a community. We have limited patience for people who treat it as a service, and treat us like their employees.

Thanks everyone for making me a big joke.

Everything I originally said was misconstrued as rude and me being stupid. So then I try to defend myself and get even more backlash.

I spent hours last night in tears because you guys have been so harsh and just sit here and laugh at me because i get emotional and i am very defensive. now i'm crying again to read even more mean comments. there are lot of things going on in my real life that make me feel worthless and this just adds to it. i never had bad intentions on this thread. i was just trying to get my actual question answered....but maybe only a few people explained what blow out was. everyone else focused on my personality and how i need to accept my tattoo and stop being an ungrateful bitch.

thanks a lot. what an awful way to start the day.

You got your question answered. Multiple times. You responded in an oblique fashion, repeatedly ignoring advice and information given to you by several tattooers and tattoo clients with similar experiences. I told you about the only thing you can do to fix it to your liking, and you completely glossed over it and focused on those you had already put off, rather than ignoring them. Do you not see how you could receive backlash from people for that?

@flowergirl

I can understand how not getting the perfect tattoo that you wanted can be emotional. It's on you forever, and now you see it as something that's messed up. Everyone here is trying to help you come to terms with it and move on. Blowout, migration, whatever, every tattoo is unique. Now so is yours.

I think the backlash from this community is coming from what it seems your intent is: blame the artist for messing up and proceeding to write a bad review (presumably on Yelp). You'll find that once you get in to the tattoo community and appreciate what artists can do and have to deal with, you'll side with the artist 9 times out of 10, which is basically what everyone in this thread is doing. We've been through it before and experienced the same thing you're experiencing. This is not the crowd to coddle and hand hold though. Since it didn't sink in on the first 2 pages of comments, things got taken to the next level. I've seen the usual suspects post in this thread that have posted in others, and I doubt anyone's intention was to make you cry.

I'm not going to apologize for anyone, but seriously, don't sweat the minor blowout. Get something bigger around it or over top of it and you'll never even remember it was there. Although you'll forever be emotionally scarred from this thread. (That's a joke.)

Damn, this was thoroughly amusing to read through, wish the posts weren't xxx'd out though *sighs*

Now that it's xxx'ed out, she can claim that she was very nice and genuine, and that she never said a rude or inconsiderate thing. That she didn't make global condescending remarks about all of us as a whole. That she didn't barf out drama queen splat.

And because she xxx'ed everything out, she can pretend that she specifically thanked the many people who helped her out. Which she didn't. I don't recall that she ever said a kind word to anyone who helped her.

Now she says she cried. Maybe she did, and part of me still feels bad that she is upset about her tattoo. But this passive-aggressive deleting of her posts and then claiming all the terrible things that were said to her, with no reference as to why anything was said ... well, that's juvenile behavior purposely designed to make other people look bad.

Put on your big girl pants and drop the drama. And I recognize you don't respect me, but pretend someone you really respect just said this to you. Calm down, go read a bunch of threads here like this and other good posts, reset, and come back after you've put the drama behind you. You will find that this is the most resourceful and knowledgeable bunch of tattoo folks on the internet.

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/2396-what-makes-good-tattoo.html

I keep returning to this thread, maybe I am a glutton for punishment but...

I have a tattoo with a blowout that has lightened up over time, when it first happened I was like, "oh shit, that sucks. Oh well, nothing to be done about it now." I am pretty sure I flinched when it happened. Regardless of the imperfection (or the why of the imperfection) I LOVE that tattoo. I would not want to be without it, and I highly value the experience of both getting the tattoo and having the tattoo, and what the tattoo represents to me. I love everything about it - even the imperfections. Life isn't perfect, we aren't perfect, and it is a nice little reminder that things won't always be perfect (if you want to start getting all meta about it.)

So, why bother posting in this thread again?

@flowergirl - tattoos are permanent in that they will be in your skin until your body dies, they change (just like your body will change as it ages), accepting the imperfections in yourself (and your tattoos) shows a certain level of maturity, and pragmatism. So, by "dealing with it" you are sort of forced to accept and love yourself as you are, just like accepting and loving your tattoo for what it is. It can be hard, I know. Go to the thread on things you've gotten into since getting tattooed. Take care of yourself, take care of that tattoo, and if it is still bugging you in 3 months then go and talk to another tattooer about what you can do with it.

There's really not much else to be said about the whole thing. The folks who posted were trying to help you understand the situation since your initial post came across as you needing the help. The people who are involved on this site are great people, have amazing tattoos, and are super knowledgeable about tattoos/tattooing whether they be tattooers or not. We spend our time on here, we don't get paid, we are here because we like the people and community here on LST. If you don't like it, or can't step out of yourself enough to see what kind of place this is, then you shouldn't be here. Period.

@flowergirl I didn't see the picture so I'm not sure how bad it looks or what is possible to fix it and keep it as close to your original design. If you are so inclined, you can pm it to me and I'd offer any thoughts I can to help.

Other than my prior advice, that's about as much as I can do via the intervebs.