Hello from Australia. Need help with blue ink turning brown/green!!!

Trent Faulkner

Hello. I have had about 3 sessions so far on my half sleeve and I got some blue shading done during my last session which was about 5 months ago. I've started to notice about 1-2 months ago that the ink is changing colour!!! If anyone has any idea what's going on with it, that would be appreciated. I have attached some pictures of it when it was fresh and how it looks now.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

This exact thing also happened to my friend @Wilhell, and I believe he was told that he probably had some kind of reaction to a particular shade of blue that was used. It turned kinda brown'ish for a good while, but after little over a year it actually settled, and it looks a lot better now. Want to chime in here @Wilhell?

I get that you're stressing out a little bit over this, but if I were you I'd just be happy with your overall awesome tattoo, and maybe avoid that particular shade of blue in the future. I'd also suggest talking to your tattooer about it. I'm not a tattooer, nor a doctor, so this is purely speculation on my end though. Best of luck to you!

I have had something similar happen to me @Trent Faulkner. In May I had a couple of palm sized roses on my thigh coloured in a lightish blue colour, not as bright as yours. As it's healed it's turned a bit brown and dirty looking. I'm actually thinking it might be the yellow tones in my skin muddying the colour? I don't know, I'm not a tattooer and I'm still very new to this.

I'm not too stressed as I'll be seeing the same tattooer in Feb to do the fronts of my thighs. Will get her take on what is going on if it's still an issue that far down the track, and if needs be, blast over with either a darker blue or perhaps purple (if that is an option)

Oh and welcome :-)