Adding/expanding a tattoo

scubaron

I want to add/expand on this tattoo, using the side of my thigh and maybe a little above. I contacted the original artist but have not gotten a reply yet. Definitely will take his advice, but I'd like to have some ideas and options for him to work with.

I'm really at a loss on how to add to this. Maybe some negative space then shading to a geometric or ornamental design ? Another head tattoo, but at a 3/4 angle ?

All suggestions would be appreciated.

mask_ref_2_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't touch that one, let it stand alone. To add to it, I'd just get different pieces to fill in the space around it. Maybe in a similar style so that it all flows together. Just my opinion.

Yes, what I meant was not to change it, but add another piece on the side of my thigh, have some kind transition or shading between the pieces. The 2 pieces some how relating to one another so it flows.

Definitely don't want to ruin the original piece or put something of lesser quality next to it. My artist is not the quickest to respond so my head is spinning trying to come up with ideas. If he says to do nothing near it, I'll take his advice.

Geometrics or something ornamental by John Sultana!

Anderson Luna did the original. I'd feel funny going to to John Sultana to add to Anderson's tattoo since they work in the same shop. I like John's work. If I decided to get something from him, I'd give him his own area to work with. Maybe my other thigh.

I kind of like giving each artist their own area. Similar to painters getting their own canvas vs. making them share. For my legs, the knee is an obvious separation point. Anderson did my right thigh, Dan Trocchio did my right calf.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Have not heard back from Anderson and my wife agrees with some of you to leave the area as is and let that tattoo shine on it's own.

When it comes to tattoos, I tend to get a little scattered. Old ideas bouncing around in my head mixed with new things I see on the internet. Funny, in my work life I am solid, focused, organized and decisive.

I probably should shift my focus towards my upcoming consult with Yoni Zilber for a tattoo on my back.

I understand what you are saying. I suggested John specifically because he works at Saved with Anderson - I considered it "keeping it in the family" :-) . I swear I've seen a compilation or two between artists at Saved (and other shops too).

A Yoni back piece is enviable!

Thanks.

I've seen collaborations between artists too. Not sure if they were planned out in advance, done on the spur of the moment or done at the suggestion of the artist. I've seen some geometric work by Anderson, so not sure if he would want to do a geometric addition himself or defer to John. Good suggestion though since that's Johns specialty.

I want to add/expand on this tattoo, using the side of my thigh and maybe a little above. I contacted the original artist but have not gotten a reply yet. Definitely will take his advice, but I'd like to have some ideas and options for him to work with.

I'm really at a loss on how to add to this. Maybe some negative space then shading to a geometric or ornamental design ? Another head tattoo, but at a 3/4 angle ?

All suggestions would be appreciated.

mask_ref_2_thumb.jpg

I Love this!

NexuzNine