Hello Everybody. Need some help unfortunately...

Nepok

Hello people.

This is my second tattoo.

You can see both of them at the last picture which is when the second tattoo was finished.

Unfortunately, the first pics are of the tattoo 6-7 days later, from which it looks like I got an allergic reaction.

I have been trying to search over the internet for related images but wasnt able to find something similar.

It says a lot about reactions to red ink, which obviously its almost the whole flower, but i cant find images portraying the same issue.

Does anyone know what it is?

It doesnt itch, it is not swollen, it is not red around it, it does not hurt.

I have cared it for with glycerine soap during showers and coconut oil as moisturizer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

holy mother of ouch it sure looks painful. i would look into going to the doctor for some antibiotics or a steroid shot. definitely a reaction to something. cant be more help as to what but hopefully someone else here can chime in.

looked like a great tattoo in the last picture, best of luck

yikes dude

it looks like you got carved up pretty badly.

looks like buddy went deep (scarring/scabs) on the darker bits and not deep enough on the lighter reds. just my observation from the scabbing and where you can see ink has fallen out.

but what do i know, i'm just a guy on the internet. i would let it heal dry and not use anymore moisturizer on it. definately followup with your tattooer and/or your doctor. allergy meds like benadryl or claritin might offer some immediate relief IF it is some sort of reaction.

at this point there's not much you can do aside from being patient for several months while your body heals this mess completely and assess how deep the scarring is. you can likely get it covered up with a proper rose tattoo...next time get a bold outline.

Its strange because it doesn't itch or hurt and there is nothing going on outside the tattoo.

Thanks for the comments. I will keep searching for the answer, although I have scoured over the Internet and haven't found anything similar.

Oh my... Considering that the black portion of tattoo is perfect, it looks like a fierce allergic reaction to red ink.

I have found this:

"Cinnabar (mercuric sulfide) used in red tattoo inks can lead to allergic reactions and scarring. Tsuruta et al. reported a case of a 40-year-old Japanese man with a red tattoo who developed a whole-body rash after eating 250 g of raw swordfish and alfonsino.19 In this case the mercuric tattoo pigments caused the initial sensitization to mercury in the patient, producing a delayed hypersensitivity reaction."

Did you visit a doctor???

I had a contact dermatitis. After aprox 7 days, but it doesn't look like that.

Still it could have been triggered by black ink.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73768496/IMG_7719.JPG

It was itchy. After 4 days of "Betametasona Loratadina" and antistaminics, it started to fade.

All this allergic matter is really underestimated.

If I’ll go trough other tattoo sessions I’ll surely ask for an ink patch test.

stay with it

my first tattoo some years ago a similar thing happened

i discussed it in a post on a thread somewhere here but anyway

i got back on the horse and my experiences have been pretty positive since

but you learn as you go i think

hope this was just an unlucky event for ya

btw - nothing wrong with black and grey

pretty much how i like mine

less is more is my mantra with the healing

very curious to see how this looks in coming months

obviously like others have said - see the doc

see the artist

and like i said - hope you stay with it

when i had my tattoo go south like this though

the consensus was it wasnt my aftercare

or the ink

it was that i got butchered

but i chose not to judge - wouldnt have helped

i moved on

and trust the processes very much now

when i had my tattoo go south like this though

the consensus was it wasnt my aftercare

or the ink

it was that i got butchered

but i chose not to judge - wouldnt have helped

i moved on

and trust the processes very much now

This sounds very much like poetry. Deep. Like. Seriously.

This sounds very much like poetry. Deep. Like. Seriously.

haha...and I didnt know it!

in all seriousness i do like writing - anything creative right

but i actually did some 'first page sessions'

throught the nj childrens book writers group

it was a very cool process

the first page of your manuscript gets read to a group of peers also going through the process and also to a critique group (industry folks assorted) - its read anonymously and so when the critiques are given they are given to the whole group - no one knows who did what

you have opportunities to submit manuscripts post seminar and you get feedback or an offer if you are so lucky

i did a few childrens books - picture and chapter

the critiques were positive

but i didnt 'land a deal'

anyway...

apologies for the thread derail

@marley mission - that sounds like a neat idea! Is that something you are still interested in doing? A friend of mine is a YA author and it took a long time for him to make it into book deals. I wrote a book but the method I used to get in the door might not work for you - I wrote a detailed book proposal for a series of technical mysteries, so it was *very* easy to get the idea across what the book would include, and I submitted the first chapter. I also got an industry name to commit to writing the forward, and that helped. But it takes some real planning and effort. If you'd like, I'll ask my friend if he has any pointers or references that might help.

Keep writing - it's good for the soul, and for the manufacturer of pencils.

/end thread hijack