Norwegians (Oslo specifically)

OK so not strictly a get together thread, more a me-being-lazy-and-asking-you-guys-for-info-rather-than-googling kinda thread, but bare with me please!

I've got an appointment with Marius Meyer to start a back piece on December 15th (monday). I'm planning to fly in on the Saturday prior to check out some of what Oslo has to offer. Any hints and tips for things i absolutely should see and do? I'd maybe like to swing by blue arms to pick up a little something but i'm not sure about that yet, how are they for walk ins? Also any advice on which airport i should fly in to would be great, i gather they all have good bus/train connections to norway but any local information would be appreciated.

Obviously, if any of you are around that weekend and feel like showing an English dude around, i'd be happy to meet up with you!

Oh and i almost forgot, what is the price of tobacco like out there? Specifically pouches of golden virginia (is it even available in Norway?!)

I don't smoke but my brother and father always insist on loading me up like a god damn drug mule every time i go abroad, so if i don't find out prices i may be excommunicated from the family

Oh and i almost forgot, what is the price of tobacco like out there? Specifically pouches of golden virginia (is it even available in Norway?!)

I don't smoke but my brother and father always insist on loading me up like a god damn drug mule every time i go abroad, so if i don't find out prices i may be excommunicated from the family

I don't smoke either, but @Iwar recently told me that tobacco prices are pretty crazy there (as compared to the US).

Awesome @ItsNewport!! What are you getting, and how big are you going? Tobacco prices in Norway are most likely the most expensive in the world (no joke!). I'm not familiar with golden virginia being sold anywhere here either.

I'd love to meet up while you're here dude. Keep me posted!

Going pretty big to be honest, i've got my whole back (and arse if required) to fill, so i'm interested to see what Marius comes up with to fill the space. Gonna be some sort of battle royale, definitely want an eagle included so thinking eagle/snake most likely, maybe a skull in there for good measure if it all works together. Honestly though i just love his work, so i'm trying to go in to it with as vague an outline as possible to just let him run with it.

Will definitely keep you posted, i'm going to be in Oslo from the 13th, appointment is on the 15th then i'll head back home fairly early the next day. I have no plans on the saturday/sunday so if you are around at all on either of those days, count me in.

And thanks for the baccy info, definite no go! At least that means i won't have to change up quite as much money.

That sounds rad as hell @ItsNewport!! I'm sure he'll be super stoked on something like that. I can also guarantee you that Marius will want to go as large as you'll let him. He's known for being very persuasive, hehe.

I should be home that weekend, so let's hang out. I might be free to drive you around to some of the tourist spots on Sunday if you want. Most shops are closed on Sunday though, but museums, restaurants and bars should be open. Will you be traveling by yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I know that Nico, Morten and Hanse primarily does walkins on tuesdays, wednesdays and thursdays at Blue Arms Tattoo. I think they're closed on sundays though.

That sounds rad as hell @ItsNewport!! I'm sure he'll be super stoked on something like that. I can also guarantee you that Marius will want to go as large as you'll let him. He's known for being very persuasive, hehe.

I should be home that weekend, so let's hang out. I might be free to drive you around to some of the tourist spots on Sunday if you want. Most shops are closed on Sunday though, but museums, restaurants and bars should be open. Will you be traveling by yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I know that Nico, Morten and Hanse primarily does walkins on tuesdays, wednesdays and thursdays at Blue Arms Tattoo. I think they're closed on sundays though.

I will be travelling alone so it would be awesome to be shown around a little, i wouldn't like to put you out though!

Man, this could end up being huge if Marius is as persuasive as you say. I'm certainly not the type to tell a tattooer to go smaller. Fuck it, if you're gonna do it you may as well do it right!

I will be travelling alone so it would be awesome to be shown around a little, i wouldn't like to put you out though!

Man, this could end up being huge if Marius is as persuasive as you say. I'm certainly not the type to tell a tattooer to go smaller. Fuck it, if you're gonna do it you may as well do it right!

It would be my pleasure dude :) And yes, you'll probably end up with a huge back piece, but how is that not a good thing? haha! I'll pm you my contact info.

- - - Updated - - -

As for airports, you're probably best off flying to Oslo Lufthavn (aka Gardemoen) or Rygge Lufthavn. They both connect to public transportation that will take you to downtown Oslo.

It would be my pleasure dude :) And yes, you'll probably end up with a huge back piece, but how is that not a good thing? haha! I'll pm you my contact info.

- - - Updated - - -

As for airports, you're probably best off flying to Oslo Lufthavn (aka Gardemoen) or Rygge Lufthavn. They both connect to public transportation that will take you to downtown Oslo.

Awesome man, thank you.

I've booked the flight to Rygge so will get on and book the connecting trains tonight. I'm still shocked i managed to get in with Marius so quickly!

Awesome man, thank you.

I've booked the flight to Rygge so will get on and book the connecting trains tonight. I'm still shocked i managed to get in with Marius so quickly!

No problem. I don't think you have to book anything though. I'm 99.5% sure that there are buses that frequently depart for Oslo right outside the terminal. There are no trains departing from Rygge though. Only buses as far as I know.