Got my first tattoo / full back in one session! Yeeeh!

outrenthome

Hi! I got my first tattoo and it was the most excruciating pain ever! I think kidney stones feel better than the tattooo I had! Anyway, I am using Saniderm to heal this big boy and I am at my 4th day! I can't wait to take the Saniderm off... well actually I can't wait for it to stop being sore most of all! I want to go back to the gym soon!

Take care!

20141115_223230_lls_original.jpg?cache=1416423415

Josh Hall "Gentlemen Tattooers" in Dallas did it. I planned to have this tattoo for at least 3 years, but I only wanted to have it once I graduated, got a job, bought a home, and essentially became independent! I am also a cat person and the panther tattoos meaning is freedom from oppression... well, I decided it was finally time to have mine done! It took 6 hours and I had to hold tight to the chair all that time! The lower back was awfully painful! I am planning to complete the bottom of the drawing, but now I am scared of the pain! ahah!

It started to itch like crazy since yesterday! I do not scratch it and just live with it, however it's a lot of work to resist temptation! I think I am going to take off the saniderm either tonight or tomorrow in the afternoon. Then I will start applying the aftercare lotion that was given to me by the tattoo artist. I also bought this to apply the lotion on my back:Amazon.com: SunBuddy - Lotion Applicator: Health & Personal Care

How long do you estimate this itchy feeling is going to last for such a large area of my back? :(

First tattoo...

- commits to wait until he has his life pointed in the right direction

- gets a massive black panther, simple bold classic design

- bonus points for a TEAROUT!

- does a heavyweight sit to pop his tattoo cherry

- great idea to expand down the leg in the future

Someone get this dude a trophy! well done and welcome

First tattoo...

- commits to wait until he has his life pointed in the right direction

- gets a massive black panther, simple bold classic design

- bonus points for a TEAROUT!

- does a heavyweight sit to pop his tattoo cherry

- great idea to expand down the leg in the future

Someone get this dude a trophy! well done and welcome

Thank you so much! I just did it because it had to be done! lol I decided I'm going to wear the saniderm for 5 days. I have to go to the dentist tomorrow for a 4 hour session and I want to have the bandage on my back when I will be sitting on the dentist chair! So I will probably take it off tomorrow after the dentist and that will make it 5 days of wearing the second bandage with saniderm (the first bandage was the one I wore for 1 day right after getting the tattoo).

It started to itch like crazy since yesterday! I do not scratch it and just live with it, however it's a lot of work to resist temptation! I think I am going to take off the saniderm either tonight or tomorrow in the afternoon. Then I will start applying the aftercare lotion that was given to me by the tattoo artist. I also bought this to apply the lotion on my back:Amazon.com: SunBuddy - Lotion Applicator: Health & Personal Care

How long do you estimate this itchy feeling is going to last for such a large area of my back? :(

I use this one for lotion - it's a little bigger area than the one you got, and has a nice bend in the handle. I can do my entire back with this. But I wonder about the surface of the pads with the one you selected - you want something very smooth like your fingers. The one below is relatively smooth and a little squishy but I still put it in a plastic baggie for smoothness. You might consider that depending on what it feels like. That being said - I never used it on newly tattooed skin. I managed to increase my flexibility over the last year so I can JUST BARELY touch every part of my back, so for the first 10 days or so, I only use my bare hands.

Amazon.com : Aquasentials Easy Lotion Applicator : Body Lotions : Beauty

Itching is so variable from person to person to area of the body to time of year, etc. Sometimes my back itching goes on for 3 weeks. I haven't noticed a correlation between the itch factor and the area covered each session. But yeah, trying not to scratch is insanity!

• 1 month later...

So I went to retouch my tattoo in two sessions on Saturday, January 10, and Thursday, January 15. Really painful as this time I knew what kind of pain I was getting into... well now it's healing. The tattoo artist wanted to get the black ink solid. It seems like he nailed it, but I still have to take off the saniderm yet.

Now he is talking about adding roses around the figure of the panther. Do you think that would look good? He said it would be really cool to finish the whole back.

Would you add roses around it or something else? Let me know your opinion!

Ciao!

- - - Updated - - -

This is the picture of the re-touched tattoo, when only the first half was retouched. I will post a picture of the fully-retouched tattoo when I will take off the saniderm in a couple of days.