Healing process:

Hey I just got my first tattoo, a plam tattoo, two days ago. So far it isn't red, peeling or anything. It also wasn't horribly painful. I am curious if I am taking care of it correctly. I have been applying neosporin, which is what the artist suggested. And it is pain relieving neosporin so maybe that's why it doesn't hurt so much. So far no cracking or anything, maybe because I have kept it hydrated. Am I keeping it too moist? Should I not wash my hand at all? I need some advice, I am super worried I am going to eff up the healing process since it's my first tattoo and I am fairly clueless.

Thanks.

Healing process:

Hey I just got my first tattoo, a plam tattoo, two days ago. So far it isn't red, peeling or anything. It also wasn't horribly painful. I am curious if I am taking care of it correctly. I have been applying neosporin, which is what the artist suggested. And it is pain relieving neosporin so maybe that's why it doesn't hurt so much. So far no cracking or anything, maybe because I have kept it hydrated. Am I keeping it too moist? Should I not wash my hand at all? I need some advice, I am super worried I am going to eff up the healing process since it's my first tattoo and I am fairly clueless.

Thanks.

Your first tattoo was a palm tattoo?

Hopefully this photo will work.

Yes my first tattoo is on my palm. It's really not unbearable at all, maybe that's because I've broken all my teeth and been through way more painful things, also there isn't much bone in your palm. And my tattoo is very simple, I can imagine the top of the hand or finger would hurt more. I'm just putting lotion on it now, the artist said only to use neosporin for three days, so I did.

Keep us updated on the healing?

This is going to sound odd out of context, but it worries me that it didn't hurt. I know everyone's pain tolerances are different, but if done 'correctly' (loathe as I am to put it that way) it should hurt. If it was just done as a 'normal' (loathe as I am to put it that way) tattoo, there's a good chance it's not going to stick.

So if you don't mind checking in with healing updates, I for one would be interested to see the progress.

Oh, and I'm going up to NY on 08/03 to have Hooper do my fingers and light touchups on two spots on my right palm. Sadly, I know it's going to hurt.

Keep us updated on the healing?

This is going to sound odd out of context, but it worries me that it didn't hurt. I know everyone's pain tolerances are different, but if done 'correctly' (loathe as I am to put it that way) it should hurt. If it was just done as a 'normal' (loathe as I am to put it that way) tattoo, there's a good chance it's not going to stick.

So if you don't mind checking in with healing updates, I for one would be interested to see the progress.

Oh, and I'm going up to NY on 08/03 to have Hooper do my fingers and light touchups on two spots on my right palm. Sadly, I know it's going to hurt.

shawn how long have you waited for hooper? I am excited to see your new work.

aschill- you dont strike me as a hockey player so why all the missing teeth?

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, he must be! looks incredible.. If i were to get my palms done, it would be done by Thomas Hooper. I also meant "..Thomas Hoopers' blog.." rather than what it says in my last post.. but i don't think there's an edit function.