I sure chose the wrong profession to fall in love with and at the same time fall in love with tattoos.. :/ *sigh The one's on that link are beautiful!

Work in Alameda County. We dont give a shit out here. At least for the next two months before this new company takes over.

Work in Alameda County. We dont give a shit out here. At least for the next two months before this new company takes over.

Haha, I wouldn't mind Alameda. However I'm heading into law enforcement, and while their a little bit more lenient on Emt's/ and Medics, not so much the case with the po-po. So nothing below my elbows and nothing on my neck. I only get away with my wrist tattoos because their covered by my watch and hair ties at all times.

Haha, I wouldn't mind Alameda. However I'm heading into law enforcement, and while their a little bit more lenient on Emt's/ and Medics, not so much the case with the po-po. So nothing below my elbows and nothing on my neck. I only get away with my wrist tattoos because their covered by my watch and hair ties at all times.

Work towards starting a back piece. Then when it's finished if you're in the same job, you've got your legs to do. And on and on..

@ Costello- Their a little bit more nit-picky on tattoo coverage on the east coast, especially in the area I live.

@ Gouge- Yep, upper thigh is already started, right arm is almost finished (minus undersides of both arms) As for my back, I have to get some lazer work done before I do anything to it. That and trying to figure out exactly how to draw it up is giving me a headache.

Ah well one day :) Until then I'll drool over all the pictures.

I was harassed by a cop here in Portland with sleeves was trying to catch people riding the train with no fare on 4th of July. I bought an all day ticket at 9pm to go downtown and came back at 1am train stops running at 230 hence end of day. He threatened to write me a ticket because it was after midnight and I was drunk enough to tell him he was just upset that he was stuck on bus duty and he was fucking wrong. Still not sure how I didn't go to jail that night or even got a ticket.

I was harassed by a cop here in Portland with sleeves was trying to catch people riding the train with no fare on 4th of July. I bought an all day ticket at 9pm to go downtown and came back at 1am train stops running at 230 hence end of day. He threatened to write me a ticket because it was after midnight and I was drunk enough to tell him he was just upset that he was stuck on bus duty and he was fucking wrong. Still not sure how I didn't go to jail that night or even got a ticket.

Welp. A lot of PD I know are able to admit when they are on a shit detail and rarely the public catches on. He was probably intrigued by how accurate your drunken observations were.

Here are some pictures you can drool over Stitch!

I have to mention Tim Pausinger from Most Preciouse Ink in Coburg, Germany who does amazing palm tattoos. BTW he was also just mentioned in the http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/tattoo-101/739-who-do-you-think-deserves-some-recognition-page11.html thread by martin.

the first set of religious hands i thought were really cool!

the second set is on the shop manager at Speakeasy Tattoo shop in Toronto.

• 1 month later...

@AlannaCA I have some of mine done, I know a lot of other people who do to, and I really do mean a lot. Most people don't notice mine unless I am handing them something that they need to look at like money and even then it's rare. For me it's totally different then having the tops or palms done because it's so much less noticeable. It's still not something I'd recommend to someone who has no tattoos or who doesn't plan on being heavily tattooed. I didn't get mine until I was already well on my way to being heavily tattooed. I know a lot of tattooers who won't do them on people who aren't already pretty covered, but I also know a lot who will do them on anyone.

For me always comes back to, why are you doing it. If it's to look cool or tough by having hand tattoos then don't. If it's because you really want to and know what wearing hand tattoos says to the public then go for it.

Also, people need to stop getting finger mustaches. It's not funny anymore, plus getting a tattoo on your hand as a joke, bad idea. Especially since it's people who don't even have tattoos that are getting them now. Actually even if you have a ton of tattoos or are a tattoo you still look dumb getting a finger mustache these days. I feel kinda bad for everyone who got them before it was cool who now look like shitty hipsters.

@AlannaCA I have some of mine done, I know a lot of other people who do to, and I really do mean a lot. Most people don't notice mine unless I am handing them something that they need to look at like money and even then it's rare. For me it's totally different then having the tops or palms done because it's so much less noticeable. It's still not something I'd recommend to someone who has no tattoos or who doesn't plan on being heavily tattooed. I didn't get mine until I was already well on my way to being heavily tattooed. I know a lot of tattooers who won't do them on people who aren't already pretty covered, but I also know a lot who will do them on anyone.

For me always comes back to, why are you doing it. If it's to look cool or tough by having hand tattoos then don't. If it's because you really want to and know what wearing hand tattoos says to the public then go for it.

ok, so its not looked down upon by others in the tattoo culture? i mean that seems to be what im gathering from what you said. i ask because i am facinated with palm tattoos but i dont intend to get mine done until i have full sleeves but the problem for me is waiting that long. i am serious about tattoos and getting tattooed by great artists. i mean im not talking about getting them now, but its nice to know if once i have more tattoos that i could get one!

@ShawnPorter I have a question if you dont mind- I got my palm done almost 2 weeks ago and its in the grippy scaley stage...I know you bike and I was wondering how long you abstained from riding with your fingers/palms?

Fingers- The next day I think? I just couldn't break very well :D

Palms- I was back at my computer job the next day but I wasn't biking then.