instead of starting a whole other thread for something thats so closely related to the palm, what does everyone think about people getting the sides of their fingers tattooed when they have no other arm or hand tattoos?

i fixed these damn mustache fingers,thee other day. wats with that crap. young lesbians,excuse me.wats that crap mean? a friend tells me ,its an ''odd moment'' tattoo. like yer spposed ta hold it to yer face when sombody shows their ass, very confusing. damn im old.

@AlannaCA I have some of mine done, I know a lot of other people who do to, and I really do mean a lot. Most people don't notice mine unless I am handing them something that they need to look at like money and even then it's rare. For me it's totally different then having the tops or palms done because it's so much less noticeable. It's still not something I'd recommend to someone who has no tattoos or who doesn't plan on being heavily tattooed. I didn't get mine until I was already well on my way to being heavily tattooed. I know a lot of tattooers who won't do them on people who aren't already pretty covered, but I also know a lot who will do them on anyone.

For me always comes back to, why are you doing it. If it's to look cool or tough by having hand tattoos then don't. If it's because you really want to and know what wearing hand tattoos says to the public then go for it.

ya know Ursula, I dont think becoming heavily tattooed justifies gettin stupid tattoos. I think if a mother /father fu#ker, wants to get a stupid tattoo that their biz. no ink , plenty of ink. im sorry, i worked in a street shop fer yrs....... i still do. the public might not be quite as savy as you..... oh well. this is life.It youstabe some people wouldnt do names , maybe somewhere its still that way.this moron in the shop im workin in the other day told me he thought lettering wasnt ''art''. the fucker can barely draw a damn stick figure. an he wants ta talk bout ''art''.n This'' is'' tattooing.fools and kings.people get names,.....done fer yrs. kinda pisses me off. I get pigeonholed. doesnt make for a great ''portfolio''.but nonetheless, I continue, what i can,for humankind.............i just stole that, Stoney St. Clair.

Thanks man. It's so awesome that some dude copied it on his own palm :D

Yeah remember you saying that in another thread! Bummer. Ah well, gotta figure stylized alphas and omegas have been popping up for a few thousand years. Just be happy you're probably ten thousand times smarter than that other dude/ouche and he doesn't have all the other tattoos/stories/knowledge.

I know this fellow from our mutual time studying cast iron sculpture. he and his torso got a lot of odd looks at hot springs when we'd all meet up for trips.

Funny story

Yesterday I was happily strolling around a local renaissance fair when I got called over by a fortune teller. I told her I was sorry that I had used up all my cash (on a sweet bone ring) and she was like that's cool I'll read your palm anyway...so I extended my left hand, the tattooed one, and she got all wide eyed and was like "do you know what this image means?" and I was like "of course" and she proceded to tell me that I carried too many heavy burdens in my life and was an outsider....easy enough for a heavily tattooed person right? Still true enough and I scrounged up 5 bux for her before I left the fair.

The image on my palm is inspired by the scene in The Holy Mountain where the Alchemist and the Thief are breaking the stone, and the Alchemist tells the Thief every stone has a soul....Its a short obelisk with an eye representing a soul.

Funny story

Yesterday I was happily strolling around a local renaissance fair when I got called over by a fortune teller. I told her I was sorry that I had used up all my cash (on a sweet bone ring) and she was like that's cool I'll read your palm anyway...so I extended my left hand, the tattooed one, and she got all wide eyed and was like "do you know what this image means?" and I was like "of course" and she proceded to tell me that I carried too many heavy burdens in my life and was an outsider....easy enough for a heavily tattooed person right? Still true enough and I scrounged up 5 bux for her before I left the fair.

The image on my palm is inspired by the scene in The Holy Mountain where the Alchemist and the Thief are breaking the stone, and the Alchemist tells the Thief every stone has a soul....Its a short obelisk with an eye representing a soul.

Did I ever mention that Jodorowsky(Holy Mountain) is my favorite filmmaker?

He's going to be in NYC on Halloween, going to go up and see him and Holy Mountain (which I saw with him theatrically once already!)

Very excited.

Did I ever mention that Jodorowsky(Holy Mountain) is my favorite filmmaker?

He's going to be in NYC on Halloween, going to go up and see him and Holy Mountain (which I saw with him theatrically once already!)

Very excited.

that is amazing, have you ever had a chance to talk to him? He seems like he would be about the most positive energy dude ever

SHANE TATTOOS: Second Palm Tattoo On Dan this dude does some pretty awesome palm work, Have seen some really good ones from tony hundhal as well.

I like how in the "Please Note" section he emphasizes the importance of not copying anyone, and the most recent post is a "rendition" of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's tattoo he did on some dude.

I like how in the "Please Note" section he emphasizes the importance of not copying anyone, and the most recent post is a "rendition" of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's tattoo he did on some dude.

Well you know do as I say, not as I do. He also talks some non-sence about "freehanding" everything, yet you can see the stencil on some of the palm tattoos. The guy with that apple core tattoo on his palm seems to have some odd tattoos. Chest is filled with small tattoos, a waste of good space if you ask me but not my body so...

that is amazing, have you ever had a chance to talk to him? He seems like he would be about the most positive energy dude ever

I have, yes.

I corresponded with him briefly years and years ago, and when I met him at the screening introduced myself and we talked for a few mins. Language barrier aside, he was incredibly nice.

Kenneth Anger (met the same night) was a chaotic ball of mischievous energy; a nice balance between the two.

• 4 weeks later...