Hi, new here and looking for opinions on my sleeve in progress that is stressing me

DragonFanSa

I think English may not be your first language, but could you stop saying 'jap dragon?' Jap is a racially derogatory term - and probably because I'm Asian, but that term skeevs me the fuck out, and might make others uncomfortable too.

Oops sorry. English is my first language. I do not know all the racially derogatory words in existence and was merely making use of shorthand. If you are offended, you need to grow up........

No, there's not gonna be "growing up" here. It's late, and I'm tired, but I'll bite. Sit down and listen up, kid.

That word has been used since WWII to put down Japanese people within the US, but only just symbolizes the ongoing discrimination and illegitimation of Asians within the US, a country where discrimination against my race is seen as more permissible than most other minority groups.

Being called a jap along with other racial slurs, being treated differently and getting into fights over my race, that's not something that I'll ever grow up from.

It's not like I went hard at you, I asked politely if you could not use that word. I thought that you may not have been aware that it's an offensive term to use since you're not from the US, so I wanted to make you aware. Learn to keep your mouth shut and be respectful, especially when someone asks you to.

No, there's not gonna be "growing up" here. It's late, and I'm tired, but I'll bite. Sit down and listen up, kid.

That word has been used since WWII to put down Japanese people within the US, but only just symbolizes the ongoing discrimination and illegitimation of Asians within the US, a country where discrimination against my race is seen as more permissible than most other minority groups.

Being called a jap along with other racial slurs, being treated differently and getting into fights over my race, that's not something that I'll ever grow up from.

It's not like I went hard at you, I asked politely if you could not use that word. I thought that you may not have been aware that it's an offensive term to use since you're not from the US, so I wanted to make you aware. Learn to keep your mouth shut and be respectful, especially when someone asks you to.

Maybe you should of said, 'I think you are not American' instead of 'I think English may not be your first language'. In my school/country they did not teach us what American's called Japanese people. The irony of trying to attack my English.............

- - - Updated - - -

@DragonFanSa We've been respectful and kind towards you here so far, please be respectful back to people when they tell you they find your language offensive.

Well he should not of tried to attack my level of English which has nothing to do with knowing racial slurs. When you fire a shot you better be able to take it.......

@DragonFanSa It is 4:49 in the AM over here, and I have not had time to read this entire thread, but from what I've seen I do not believe @blackdots tried to attack your level of English. I did not know myself that "jap" was an offensive word before I was made aware a few years back. This forum has plenty members who's native tongue is not english, and I suspect he believed you were one of us, and therefor might not know that it was offensive. Anyway... Bottom line. Please refrain from using that term here again. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it, but now you know. I really have to go to sleep now. Sorry 'bout the sloppy english. I'm half asleeo already.

@DragonFanSa It is 4:49 in the AM over here, and I have not had time to read this entire thread, but from what I've seen I do not believe @blackdots tried to attack your level of English. I did not know myself that "jap" was an offensive word before I was made aware a few years back. This forum has plenty members who's native tongue is not english, and I suspect he believed you were one of us, and therefor might not know that it was offensive. Anyway... Bottom line. Please refrain from using that term here again. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it, but now you know. I really have to go to sleep now. Sorry 'bout the sloppy english. I'm half asleeo already.

Irrespective, knowing racial slurs has nothing to do with whether English is someone's first language or not. His original post is either stupidity or an attack. I have not used the dreaded word again have I?

His original post is either stupidity or an attack. I have not used the dreaded word again have I?

The way I see it, his original post was neither. He simply pointed out that he found that term offensive, in which you replied by telling him to grow up. You've continued to throw fuel at this fire since, and derailed your own thread. Please get back on topic! If the personal attacks continue we will be forced to lock this thread, which is something we very seldom have to do here on LST. Treat each other with respect, and give each other the benefit of the doubt. This is a community, not the comment section of some shitty tabloid news site.

dragon dont forget why you're here - you're here for tattoo advice and associated topics of tattoo interest...right?

so let this argument go and enjoy the rest of what the site has to offer

you're spinning wheels here

Yet that poster did not even bother to comment at the topic at hand and you have liked all of his posts in this thread and that of his supporters............

- - - Updated - - -

Dragons are awesome!

Godzilla is attacking the city!

Loud noises!

Urgh the bridge makes him look like Godzilla

- - - Updated - - -

The way I see it, his original post was neither. He simply pointed out that he found that term offensive, in which you replied by telling him to grow up. You've continued to throw fuel at this fire since, and derailed your own thread. Please get back on topic! If the personal attacks continue we will be forced to lock this thread, which is something we very seldom have to do here on LST. Treat each other with respect, and give each other the benefit of the doubt. This is a community, not the comment section of some shitty tabloid news site.

I am sorry, I see it as an attack. He did not simply point it out, he pointed it out using an insult. I don't take kindly to that. Furthermore he proceeded to tell me to shut my mouth.... You can definitely lock this thread/ban if you wish, it is your prerogative. You can insult my tattoo but if you take it personal, I will speak my mind.