Hi. I'm new to tattoos and got bad experience on my first one

Giovanni Corteo

So I always to start a half sleeve tattoo so finally at 32 I did it. At first I liked it and thought it was really bad ass but than when after a couple days I started disliking the design and the quality after being educated on mine. So I need serious advice on how to handle this tattoo. I'm thinking about getting laser treatment to have it removed or faded so I can get a cover up of something I wanna wear proudly. I find myself covering this one up and not showing anybody. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

dude leave that screaming skull alone - its awesome

personally i think one of the things that makes getting tattooed so cool

is the 'commit' factor

i think most of have stuff on us that we might no longer dig

but dont be embarrassed to wear it

as time goes on you'll get a better handle on what you like and dont like

and you'll be picking pieces that you'll enjoy more

anyway - i'm diggin that skull - hope you leave it and learn to love it

The tattoo is yours now...own it! and feel good about it, feel like the bad ass you did a few days ago.

Looks like your tattoo still has some unfinished spots to fill in but overall looks ok. Once you fill in that hot fire it can change the contrast, change the way the tattoo looks overall and change the way you feel about it. What I'm trying to say...Don't stress! You're experiencing some post-tattoo anxiety. It's normal in the days after, after you crash from the excitement, endorphins, the rush of finally getting that tattoo you've been wanting to make happen.

Right now you are so focused on that new tattoo. Get your head out of the details and let the tattoo just be, there is no such thing as the perfect tattoo, the imperfections is what makes a tattoo ours.

If you really like tattoos and want to get into it, get a few more. You may be surprised how it changes your perception. Start a piece to balance out on the other arm or put a few small ones elsewhere. You are a blank canvas! Or if this experience really didn't do it for ya, maybe tattoos are not for you. And that's ok too.

- - - Updated - - -

You want to talk about post-tattoo anxiety!...check out the hot stuff tattoo in my gallery.

It was spontaneous and was hilarious in the moment. Until I got home and took off the bandage and had that omg what have i done moment. My heart sank, I just felt awful about it, about how careless I was. My wife still hates it (lol). It is pretty ridiculous and kind of looks like a ding-dong...but after i let the tattoo "just be" for a few weeks a few months, I embraced it. It's just so silly and ugly and I just love it for that. It makes people cringe, like what the hell maan! It makes me laugh and reminds me that sometimes you need to embrace spontaneity and not give a shit! Embrace the imperfect. It wasn't a bad decision. It was just a decision that left a mark. And the essence of that makes Hot Stuff more important than some of my more carefully planned out works.

In the end, a tattoo is just a tattoo.

And that's what I love about this whole mess we've all gotten ourselves into ;)

haha thx @marley

i've only uploaded my smaller goofy ones that are tucked in the hidden realms of my illustrated world.

only the best for my LST posse haha

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think it's too evil looking?

It's a flaming skull dude! It had better look too evil rather than Martha Stewart cute!

If you're worried about being too evil, balance out the evil-ness with a happy go-lucky design for the other side Like a smilin' dragon or a cheeky panther ;) Remember it's not a race, ideas can take time to blossom, you can learn a lot about patience from tattoo.

I understand that tattoo remorse is fairly common. I worried that my first and second would result in the same, but have been pleasantly surprised by instantly and continuously loving them. If you should stay with it for a year (minimum), and decide that it definitely needs a change then ask a darn good artist what steps to take. Only the artist that does any correction will know if and how much laser needs done.

Personally, it is not my taste, but it is a pretty bad-ass tattoo that seems pretty well done!

With all the good tattooers working today there's no reason to settle for less then mediocre tattoos.You just chose the wrong tattooer to start a half sleeve,but there's hope for you.

Black & grey work isn't as bad to lighten as color.And you may not even have to get that lasered if you find a real good cover-up artist.