How to upload/attach images to your posts

Steve

It's not painfully obvious, so here is a quick tutorial on how to add images that live on your computer to your posts:

1. When replying to a thread, click the 'Go Advanced' button next to the 'Post Quick Reply' button at the bottom of the page.

2. Click the little paper clip icon - this is the icon that indicates attachments.

3. You should see a little pop up box titled 'Manage Attachments'.

4. Click the 'Browse' button next to any of the ten fields.

5. Browse to and select the image file you'd like to upload from your computer.

6. You can select up to ten images per upload batch.

7. Click the 'Upload' button.

8. Click 'Close this Window'.

9. You should now see your image files listed down the page below the text box where you are typing your post.

10. You can select 'manage attachments' if you'd like to add more. You can attach up to 20 images per post.

11. Once you submit your new post, you should see thumbnails of all of the images you have attached. Click on the thumbnail to see the full size version.

*Note that you also have the option to link to images that live on other websites such as flickr by selecting the little image icon and entering the URL to the image - this is available from the 'quick reply' editor, without having to select 'Go Advanced'.

Let us know if you have further questions, or are running into errors or problems when attaching images.

Enjoy.

• 1 year later...
Shit.

I don't know if this applies or not.

I updated my profile and added images to my gallery, and they aren't showing up when I click on "your gallery".

I did realize that underneath each picture it says, "Awaiting Moderation".

What does this mean?

Probobaly that one of the mods has to approve your photos and make sure it isn't spam before they show up on the site. I think this only applies to relatively new members.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Is there a way to change the size of an image I want to post from a URL? I've seen formatting like this elsewhere that allows you to specify a different size with the IMG tag, but it doesn't seem to work here, even if I make sure the new size maintains the same aspect ratio as the original.

Thanks.

200x200http:.......[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
I had a question about the gallery that I can't find an answer to. Is it appropriate to upload a tattooer's photo (from Instagram and the like) to the gallery if it's on your body & photo credit is given?

This is a good question for your tattooer - if they're ok with it, then it's fine. If it's a picture of you there shouldn't be any problem here.

Is there a way to change the size of an image I want to post from a URL? I've seen formatting like this elsewhere that allows you to specify a different size with the IMG tag, but it doesn't seem to work here, even if I make sure the new size maintains the same aspect ratio as the original.

Thanks.

200x200http:.......[/img]

Seems like that should work, but you are right that it doesn't seem to. I'll see if there's a solution for that, but for now the answer is no.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How do you delete an attachment? I see the list where all my attachments are, but don't see a way to delete any of them.

Thanks.

Posts are only editable for a short while after you post them. We do this to preserve the logic of threads over time.

Cheers

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Every time I upload an image it gets rotated. What am I doing wrong?

Wow I didn't see this post originally, sorry about that. This probably means that whatever software you are viewing the image on, ie your phone, is rotating it for you when you view it, but the orientation is actually different.. If you view the images on your computer they should show the actual orientation.

You can actually rotate images via the edit link in the gallery if needed.