2011 Most Popular Tattoo Designs Projections

Lochlan

With only two months into the year I thought it would be fun to try to do some projections as to what possibly will be this years most popular tattoos after reading Tammy's blog "Tattoo Trends of 2010".

Here are my top three 2011 Tattoo Idea guesstamations:

1) Sharks

2) Traditional Tattoo Designs with a nautical/sailor/traveler theme

3) Tattoos of hands in various manners/styles (shaking hands, praying hands, one hand holding a rose, hands doing sign language and gang signs, etc)

What are your top three projections?

from what i'm seeing around facebook, it looks like girlheads with a wolf, panther, tiger, goat etc head on top.

I've noticed this too. I've seen some really nice ones by Schor and Vargas.

I think it's a really cool design, and I considered it when getting my appt with Vargas, but ended up dropping the "animalhead" bit.

I am going to stick with the all seeing eye in the pyramid, the flaming torch, and palm tattoos of any kind. I know that some of you will say that those are so 2010, but I think that they will keep up their dominance through the first half of this year. Quotes from pretentious novels will dominate the fall and winter months.

Lil Wayne styled facejunk.

I've seen two kids under 18 with extensive face graffiti in the last few weeks with 10x that for over 18s.

I agree with Shawn, anything that pop icons get always ends up being the next 'shop walk-in'. I must have made 25 sets of sparrows on the chest/shoulders after that Mark McGrath guy showed off his on their music video. As far new popular tattoos between the inner circle of tattooers goes, who knows. I'll defintely keep my eyes on those bad-ass elite trend-setters, and hopefully pick up on a few things to steal with my iPhone camera over their shoulders.