Need opinions on unfinished tattoo please.

ShaneStur

So i have 1 tattoo and it remains unfinished for over a year now,Im not sure what to do with it i did one four hour session and was scheduled to come back a month later and have another session upon showing up i was informed my artist had passed away after looking into it i found out he had killed himself and his girlfriend.

He did very good work and so far i think it looks amazing but Im not sure if i should get a cover up or have it finished by another artist as i feel ive been marked by a murderer what do you guys think?

(Sorry for bad lighting)

Wow - sorry to hear that. Wow. That is great subject matter - i would get someone to finish it out and then expand with something around it so it feels like it is not just something designed by a murderer. You've got a lot of open area around it to add some other sea elements and make it a new piece. Voting no on the coverup.

yeah, I'd get someone to finish and embellish it. Where do you live?

Pregnant woman, her fiance die in apparent murder-suicide | The Columbus Dispatch

I live in Columbus Ohio this is the article.

Another fear i have,this actually being my first tattoo and i believe my artist was very talented that the clashing of 2 artist would ruin the piece.

You've got at least 2 world class artists really close to you . . .

CHAD LENJER

the drown town

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Personally, I'd zap it with a laser once or twice and get something else. Or, either way, really, go see Mike Moses at Spiritus Tattoo in Columbus, dude is a very talented artist and tattooer.

Ha. you beat me by 3 minutes . . . :)

Billy Hill owns Envy Skin Gallery on Bethel Road at GoDown.

Envy Skin Gallery | Columbus Ohio's Premier Tattoo Studio

Dustin Hysell owns Fate Tattoo on High Street at Lane Avenue.

Fate Tattoo

Consult with either of these gentlemen. They both do quality work.

And if what you're looking for isn't their cup of tea they won't hesitate to steer you to an artist they think will do a bang up job.

Or you could wait for the Hell City convention. May 1,2 and 3 at the Hyatt downtown.

Hell City Tattoo Festival

Lots of great tattooers in the Columbus area, such as Billy Hill already mentioned. Really though, in Columbus you could find at least 5-10 world class tattoo artists within an hour drive. I'd just get it finished and then added onto. Coverups never look as good as a tattoo that isn't constricted to the confines of a tattoo being covered up. Lots of tattoo artists have skeletons, just because they tattooed you doesn't mean they have to have any connection to you other than the tattoo they did.

Lots of great tattooers in the Columbus area, such as Billy Hill already mentioned. Really though, in Columbus you could find at least 5-10 world class tattoo artists within an hour drive. I'd just get it finished and then added onto. Coverups never look as good as a tattoo that isn't constricted to the confines of a tattoo being covered up. Lots of tattoo artists have skeletons, just because they tattooed you doesn't mean they have to have any connection to you other than the tattoo they did.

Well said,When i find an artist i will update you guys thanks!