Yo

Vaas

I shall stop lurking now. I have 3 tattoos, and am sooo itching for more. I'm planning an anthropology - based sleeve on my left arm, but I have a question specifically about the TOPS of fingers. I've read they don't age well, and then I've seen and read about others that look fine. So perhaps I'll just do it anyhow? Hi to everyone, and I've attached my most recent ink. My young little girl passed suddenly, and I was able to get her paw prints with an ink pad. I love it.

I guess. Personally I love a gloved look and am saving my arms for more intricate work. I'm not sure I have the right artist for it yet, so I thought it made sense to have more simple pieces first - but I'll put off the hands for now.

• 1 month later...

Hey, Vaas! Love the paws because the soft spot for my cats I have. I hope to get a portrait of my Frank within the next few years. Mind you, in high school I was voted "most likely to become crazy cat lady." Very accurate. As far as the hands go, as long as you are totally confident in your career, I say go for it! I don't think it looks bad without your arms done first, but then again I don't see it very often.

I'd advise you to hold off on hand tattoos for now. Start on your sleeve; maybe your tattooer could even incorporate your hand in a way as awesome as this Seth Wood piece.

Personally, I think hand tattoos with no sleeve just kind of look like a hand stamp you get at a club, or something. Unless we're talking mehndi-like design, then it's whole other thing.

Welcome! I'm going to suggest that you get your arms done before you even think about hands and fingers because there are few things in life more ridiculous than people with hand tattoos and nothing on their arms.
I'd advise you to hold off on hand tattoos for now. Start on your sleeve; maybe your tattooer could even incorporate your hand in a way as awesome as this Seth Wood piece.

Personally, I think hand tattoos with no sleeve just kind of look like a hand stamp you get at a club, or something. Unless we're talking mehndi-like design, then it's whole other thing.

This is clearly good advice. People are free to do what they want, but there are somes rules... On a arm

tattoos should go from the top to down, not from the hand to the shoulder.

• 2 weeks later...
Not at all. A lot of the pictures you see here are of fresh tattoos, so post away!

Thank you. It's just REALLY fresh and bruised, and I didn't want to give the work and artist a bad vibe or anything!

- - - Updated - - -

That's a great idea about the henna! I'm not in a hurry for hands, I've got plenty other spots I can do first.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm cracking up cause it looks like she got in a fistfight. That's all straight up bruising, no red ink.