New Around Here...

MattRiemenschneider

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Matt Riemenschneider and I'm currently residing in Indianapolis, Indiana. Been a collector of tattoos for the past 14 years, and started apprenticing about a year ago now at the old age of 31.

I've been tattooed by:

Harlan Thompson of Chicago (Deluxe and Pioneer Tattoo)

Junior Purvis of Indianapolis (also my mentor)

Paul Timmon of "The" Sunset Strip tattoo in Hollywood, Ca.

Jerry Frost in Indiana

Big Meas!

Billy Hill of Envy in Columbus Ohio

Jason Fritz in Indianapolis at New Breed Tattoo. I really credit Jason for exposing me to the traditional side of tattoo culture.

And a couple of other jokers who shall remain nameless; I was young and stupid.

I'm a big fan of a lot of California tattooers like Ed Hardy, Freddy Corbin, Grime, Greg James, Mike Giant, Bob Roberts, Jack Rudy, Tim Hendricks and yes, Dan Higgs. Through searching out those guys work I stumbled upon Last Sparrow Tattoo here.

I'm a fan of traditional (or as some would say "neo" traditional, but I think it's all just a continuation), American style Japanese stuff like Hardys, realistic Black and Grey, graffiti, and skate influenced tattoos.

I feel like my tastes are pretty much the status quo around here so I think I should fit it pretty well.

If you wanna ask me anything just hit me up!

Edited by MattRiemenschneider
Left out a few artists I've been tattooed by.

welcome, Sketch and are you new at Altered Image?

Sketch has been here for a couple of years now. I got on the same time as artist Crystal Brainered, also around the time, Chad Fearnow went full time. Beyond that we've got Junior and Sean Holmes, who have been working here since the shop opened up.

I think that's the first time anyone has ever mentioned me in the same sentence as Sketch btw, he's a killer, and I'm a shit for brains apprentice... For now.