Neo traditional artist recommendations!!

falco4758

So I've become really intrigued with what I think are neo trad tattoos. I love how they look and will stand the test of time unlike most color realism. My favorite is instagram @fruduva. Can people on here rccomend artist in usa similar to this ? Is it called neo trad or something else??Thanks so much!! I started my leg in color realism but want to finish in this style as I know they will last longer and I like the way they look too!im in Virginia so anything around here would be preferred but not needed as Im used to traveling far for work.

image.jpg

image hosting 15mb

image.jpg

photo uploader

image.jpg

image uploader

Based on the pictures you posted, I don't think many people would refer to that style as "neo-traditional". Neo-traditional stays pretty close to it's traditional roots, but with a wider color palate, and wide open subject matter.

Personally I'd refer to the style you like as color realism really. Perhaps a little more illustrative, but realism none the less.

I can't help you with any artist recommendations, but I think you'd be unsatisfied with a "neo-traditional" artist.

Hm, I would have called it neo traditional, although some parts are admittedly quite realistic.

Anyway, a few more in UK/Europe (maybe keep an eye on them in case they travel?)

Instagram

Matt Adamson

Sneaky Mitch

Marco Schmidgunst

Anthony Cole

Lauren Jayne Gow

KidKros

A bit more your way perhaps (sorry, if they are super far from where you are...from my point of view, they are roughly your direction ;-)):

Rose Hardy (NYC)

Eckel (just re-located to Vancouver)

Enjoy!

hahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

yeah I know of erin I actually have a apt I backed out on last year so she still has my deposit I should jump on that, there was a tatooer from Washington state maybe Oregon who did amazing work like this I wish I could find his name

I always thought of it as Neo-traditional as well, or even modern traditional.

I have no idea where these people are based compared to where you are, but have a look at these IG accounts (sorry I can't link them here as IG is blocked at my work):

Eilotatoo

Justinhartmanart - Justin Hartman

Thedrowntown - Mike Moses

Deadmeat - Nick Keiser

Scragpie - Sam Smith

Have a bunch of others, but they are based in Australia so probably no good to you.