Philadelphia Tattoo Convention 2015

• 2 weeks later...

So who's up to meet on Sunday? Lunch? Dinner? I'll probably get there early afternoon if no one's up for anything earlier, and just wander around until after the contests finish up. Hope to see some of you there - too bad many of us don't know what anyone else looks like in real life. Hopefully Tapatalk will be behaving this weekend.

I shall treasure the picture!

It was great to meet you @Cork and Mrs. Cork and Baby Cork! And @Bunny Switchblade and @daveborjes and @Mike Panic. It was as we said a couple weeks back - an experience to try, and I'm glad I did it. And it was a lot more boring than I thought it would be. The audience seemed to just be everyone standing around waiting for their classes to be called, and it was impossible to see much of the work as it was being judged.

...and then there was this genius who set fire to himself and part of the stage. Almost looked like it was part of the act until random people started running in from the sidelines flipping a table and dumping their bottles of water on it. Lucky the fire didn't run all the way up the banners in the back or get out of control. Can you imagine an evacuation at a convention?

Caught on Cam: Fire Breather Catches Fire During Tattoo Convention | NBC 10 Philadelphia

...and then there was this genius who set fire to himself and part of the stage. Almost looked like it was part of the act until random people started running in from the sidelines flipping a table and dumping their bottles of water on it. Lucky the fire didn't run all the way up the banners in the back or get out of control. Can you imagine an evacuation at a convention?

Caught on Cam: Fire Breather Catches Fire During Tattoo Convention | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Oh damn we must have just missed that. We got there in time to see them popping balloons with knives and the kiss of death trick.

Stop. Drop. Roll. We teach it to kids. He's very lucky to not be much more seriously burned. I saw a link to this on my Xfinity feed this morning, but didn't follow it.

Sounds like the convention organizers could have improved the audience enjoyment with some cameras and flat screens up high showing the ink, and maybe a good MC leading appreciation from the crowd. I know that if I had been there, I'd be cheering the two LST reps!