Mondial du Tatouage, Paris, 6-8 of March (2015)

@mmikaoj this one looks so good! I have wanted to go the past couple years but have never been able to justify the expense. My little sis lives in Paris so I can definitely justify the trip, hah! But for whatever reason she is usually not in Paris when the convention happens.

I will jealously await all posts and updates if you go tho! Would be cool to see an LST Europe get together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

@Flo Ania , I'll be going to Paris. Second time. Let me know if you wanna hook up at the convention, I'll be there every day. I'm booked on friday and sunday around at 12:00, and on saturday at 16:00 (with Paul Doblemann, Dan Gilsdorf and Jim Sylvia), otherwise I'm available, on peut prendre un verre and hang out? Also, I plan to see the exhibit at musée du quai branly on thursday (taking my aunt with me, haha), musée du quai Branly: Tatoueurs, tatoués , you should check it out.

Je parle francais, so no worries about language barriers...

@Flo Ania , I'll be going to Paris. Second time. Let me know if you wanna hook up at the convention, I'll be there every day. I'm booked on friday and sunday around at 12:00, and on saturday at 16:00 (with Paul Doblemann, Dan Gilsdorf and Jim Sylvia), otherwise I'm available, on peut prendre un verre and hang out? Also, I plan to see the exhibit at musée du quai branly on thursday (taking my aunt with me, haha), musée du quai Branly: Tatoueurs, tatoués , you should check it out.

Je parle francais, so no worries about language barriers...

@malikamorch I'll only be there on friday, I have an appointment at 12 too, and then I'm taking the train back home. But come see me, I'll be the half naked guy crying at Chad's booth! ^^

It kills me I'm going to have to miss this; it would be the perfect birthday present to myself. But I have commitments to my kids that weekend (my daughter shares my birthday - or I share hers - and my son is taking part in a regional chess tournament). I'll definitely be going next year; last year's was supposed to be excellent.

• 6 months later...

I usually stay with family, so I'm in no way an expert...but if you stay anywhere near a 7 metro-line station, at least you can get there directly. The metro station nearest la Villette is on that line, it's "Porte de La Villette" (Watch out, though. A lot of really dingy hotels in Paris, as I'm sure you know...). Otherwise, Montmartre is a popular area, and not too far away from the convention. Just beware that you have to change metro lines. A little walk from Montmartre you can take metro line number 2 and change to line 7 at "Stalingrad", or number 4 and change at "Gare de l'Est". Hope this was helpful...

I usually stay with family, so I'm in no way an expert...but if you stay anywhere near a 7 metro-line station, at least you can get there directly. The metro station nearest la Villette is on that line, it's "Porte de La Villette" (Watch out, though. A lot of really dingy hotels in Paris, as I'm sure you know...). Otherwise, Montmartre is a popular area, and not too far away from the convention. Just beware that you have to change metro lines. A little walk from Montmartre you can take metro line number 2 and change to line 7 at "Stalingrad", or number 4 and change at "Gare de l'Est". Hope this was helpful...

That is helpful, thanks!

I'll do more research now but just wanted to narrow it down a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk