I made a short documentary

I recently finished a short documentary that profiles Norwegian tattooer Morten Transeth. I also added English subtitles to the best of my ability, so remember to switch captions (CC) on if you need 'em :)

Go to http://instagram.com/morten_transeth to see more of his work.

Thanks for watching!

Oh, nice! Going to watch it straight away. I like his stuff too.

Edit, a bit later:

Well done, in every way! Blue Arms seems like a real power house of a tattoo shop, absolutely have to visit next time I'm in Oslo. Are you planning to do more of these? Actually I've been thinking for a long time about doing some interviews about Swedish tattooers, but only with photos and text since I don't know my way around video editing well enough.

I very much enjoyed watching this, @Iwar So cool to see some, non-bullshit, tattoo media coming from other places than the States. We have a plethora of great artists in Scandinavia that deserves to have their work known. Another Norwegian I would like to see something similar about is Marius Meyer. I'll post this video on my tattoo-blog thing so you reach to some more people!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. That really means a lot coming from fellow enthusiasts like yourselves. I would love to make more, but as of now I don't have any concrete plans.

@mmikaoj you should definitely do some interviews if you can. I'd love to see that, and I'm sure everyone else here would too! There are lots of easy to use editing software out there, and youtube can be a great resource for learning basic editing. You can actually make pretty decent looking stuff these days with just an a couple of smartphones and a laptop. Go for it!

Maybe you saw it already, but I made a short video of Marius tattooing my friend @Wilhell a little while back:

Oh, and thank you so much for sharing it on your blog!

@Iwar This was so awesome! Excellent in every way! Reminds me a lot of the same love and care that the Gypsy Gentleman videos gave to tattooing.

That's a huge compliment dude. Thank you so much. I have to give a lot of credit to Morten, his client Petter and the guys at Blue Arms for letting me do this. I'm sure it wasn't exactly fun having to work with a camera hovering over you the entire time. He did a great job ignoring me though, and for that I'm thankful :)

I watched this yesterday. Loved it, echoing the previous comments, it is a really well made video with obvious love and care put into it. I've pointed people in the direction of the Tattoo Age/Gypsy Gentlman videos in the past who perhaps know nothing/very little about tattooing to open their eyes up a bit (which has succeeded BTW) this will certainly be added to the list. Thanks!

Thanks so much for all the fantastic comments ya'll! Your support definitely motivates me to want to do more of these in the future. I can't thank Morten and the BA crew enough though. They are not only great tattooers, but great people, the lot of 'em! I recommend everyone who visits Oslo to stop by Blue Arms, even if you don't plan on getting tattooed, just get a cup of coffee and look through a portfolio or two. Soak in the atmosphere :)

I watched this yesterday. Loved it, echoing the previous comments, it is a really well made video with obvious love and care put into it. I've pointed people in the direction of the Tattoo Age/Gypsy Gentlman videos in the past who perhaps know nothing/very little about tattooing to open their eyes up a bit (which has succeeded BTW) this will certainly be added to the list. Thanks!

That's awesome! It was predominantly made for a (norwegian) audience with little to no knowledge of tattoos, in hopes that it may enlighten some, and maybe even spark an interest. Not sure how I can reach that audience though, but that's a whole different matter ;) But I'm really stoked that the reception from the community has been positive so far. Thanks!

And thanks for sharing it on your blog @cltattooing!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and comparing it to Gypsy Gentleman and Tattoo Age is just ludacris. Those guys really know what they're doing. I just point my camera everywhere and pray I can make something out of all the footage in post.

You need to add True Love to your list too by the way. Fantastic documentation of tattooing! https://www.youtube.com/user/TrueLove2k9/videos

I gave it a wordy and pretentious review, Iwar.

Job well done.

Thank you Shawn! That was a super fun read.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome work @Iwar - super cool to see some of what goes on at Blue Arms, and Morten seems like a real stand up guy and a great tattooer. I'm still totally in love with Tony Nilsson's girl heads, too!

Also, was that an Oakland A's pin-up Morten drew/tattooed? Too cool!

It sure was! I unfortunately forgot to ask his client the story behind it. Thanks for the kind words.

- - - Updated - - -

1st class, Iwar! Congrats and thank you!

Thanks so much @SStu!

Finally got around to watching the subtitled version, awesome stuff. The whole thing has a very relaxed feel so it comes across natural, more of a fly on the wall kinda thing rather than you poking your nose in to someone's business and getting in their way. Makes me want to go to Blue Arms even more than i already did!

If there's anything you want to do video-wise when i'm next over i'd be happy to help (not sure exactly how i'd help but that's another story!). Anything to get more of these vids in the world!

Great @Iwar! Really enjoyed watching it! Keep making more! And if you ever need any help from a fellow Oslo resident, just let me know!

And Blue Arms can't be recommended enough! Great guys and an overal great shop!

Happy you liked it dude. We should meet up over a beer or something sometime, living in the same city and all.

- - - Updated - - -

@ItsNewport thanks my friend! Looking forward to hanging out again soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks @xcom. Not my art or shop though. All tattoos shown in the video were made by Morten Transeth (with the exception of those of his co-workers and the stock photos of Dietzel, Norman Collins pieces etc) I merely shot and edited the thing. Happy you and your son enjoyed though :)