Hey ! From argentina

JOACOISBACK

I registered here because i want a solution to a problem I've. I have a script chest tattoo and i want to cover half of it. I need ideas because its fucking up my life... i see its crooked.

chestttt.jpg

Its ok to me to cover either the word "igualdad" or the word "Animal". I just want to ver one of them

I was thinking of an eagle in my shoulder, using one wing into my chest to cover.

Something like this..

amazing-man-left-shoulder-eagle-tattoo.jpg

Purely from an quality standpoint, I'd cover "animal." The letters of the other word are more consistent and it looks better done. A good artist could cover "animal." The eagle wing is a neat idea - I understand why you are looking at that. Talk to an artist about how that could happen. The picture you showed would be tough because the wing would have to be huge to cover the entire word and there would be no room left for the rest of the eagle - but there are many options possible if you are willing to go larger to cover it and let an artist figure out how an eagle could work. I am not an artist, but I've seen a lot of really cool stuff that could flow on that area nicely.

Where are you located? Someone here could give you some recommendations.

thanks omletta now we can see what he is talking about

i dont think either of them is too bad

curious were they done at the same time?

i think if you added some work into each area

then the issue with the asymmetry might be alleviated

as far as wrecking your life

dont panic - just get more tattoos ;)

They were done at same time but i think i caugh an artist in a bad day. Its fucking up my life i cant even take off my shirt.

The phrase means Animal equality. What do you have in mind yo work each area separately ?(sorry for my english lol )

i tought to cover Animal and then i can add a word under "Igualdad" (the word in the left)

- - - Updated - - -

Purely from an quality standpoint, I'd cover "animal." The letters of the other word are more consistent and it looks better done. A good artist could cover "animal." The eagle wing is a neat idea - I understand why you are looking at that. Talk to an artist about how that could happen. The picture you showed would be tough because the wing would have to be huge to cover the entire word and there would be no room left for the rest of the eagle - but there are many options possible if you are willing to go larger to cover it and let an artist figure out how an eagle could work. I am not an artist, but I've seen a lot of really cool stuff that could flow on that area nicely.

Where are you located? Someone here could give you some recommendations.

thanks for you time. i also think the word animal is the worst. Do you think its easy covering or it would look like a big dark stain

- - - Updated - - -

im from argentina. la plata, buenos aires

Well first I would not go back to this artist

i see now that the words were intended to have a combined meaning

what i thought was that the words were done independently

and then you could treat each as a separate chest piece

anyway - thats not the case

but - i also should mention

if this artist did a stencil placement on these words

i'm guessing you ok'd the placement

so make sure next time you get ink that you like what you see

before the tattooing starts

edit: but as i said before - i dont think its that bad - i'd rather leave it and add some more ink in another spot or incorporated into these areas - but if you are gonna cover one - i agree with seesea - cover animal

thanks guys... joe shit you gave me a lot of info.. im watching all the material.

It would be imposible without laser ?

I think you would have to get a more traitional eagle to cover that up.I don't know if you could cover those dark letters with those type of wings.I think the eagles wings have to have more black in them.But you should discuss this with the tattooer.Do you have an artist in mind?

I've seen great artists, i loved one you gave me... It's on instagram as SANTUALTAMIRANO.

The thing is that i don't like KOY FISH because everyone here in argentina hasta a Koy. I don't like either tradis... "SANTUALTAMIRANO" is a japanese artist but has pretty clean and solid lines.

I was thinking.. if i add a word Under "Igualdad", with the same style and decorative lines... It would break the Simetry in chest and the word "Animal" will look like other tattoo

Hi @JOACOISBACK

Welcome to the forum!

If the idea of "Igualidade Animal" is what you are going for, maybe consider representing the word "animal" with pictures of several different animals. It may also give your new tattooer more options for effective cover up (instead of trying to do it all with one eagle wing).

It would also give you the option of working everything into a single chestpiece with the word "Igualidade" surrounded by different animals all the way onto the other side. It could be a very strong visual message.

It would be very important to find some one who really knows what they are doing so you end up with something that proudly represents the idea that you love.

Good luck and all the best :o

Nice Idea. So:

On the left side of chest: I've the word "Igualdad" and i cann add below the word "Animal". I can decorate with lines and would look like a block.

On the right side of my chest: I can cover the word Animal with lot of animals. Maybe i can continue it to my arm so i make a sleeve