Tattoos in Turkey, who, where, what?

joakim urma

So, I'm flying to Istanbul with my girlfriend tomorrow. Another friend asked me just now if I'm getting tattooed or just traveling. Hadn't given it a thought really so probably I am not getting tattooed. But I still love to visit good tattoo shops and talk to artists. Istanbul is a huge place so I guess there should be at least a couple good quality studios.

Any info on worthwhile tattoo places are much appreciated! (As well as general info and things I should know/not miss while there)

We're staying in Istanbul for at least five days and then we're going to some cities close by, haven't really decided where yet. I don't know anything about tattoo culture in Turkey so any kind of good info is of interest.

Thank you!

I don't know anything about Tattoos in Istanbul but I do know that it's a great city. Have fun riding the ferries across the Bosphorus and, if you have time, take a longer ride up to the end and check out the ruins of a Byzantine castle.

I have a tattoo inspired by the Medusa columns in the Basilica Cistern which is also worth a look as long as you are there.

Also, the food is fantastic! Have fun.

ahjrJLks.jpg[/img]