Shop/Artist recomendation

xcom

Hello all...

I like the shop and artist I am working with right now but is allways good to know the "spots" around the area so.... Looking for some recommendations of shops/artist in the Houston/Spring, Texas area.

Thank you.

realism and portrait work = Nate Beavers in Houston

traditional = Steve, Tony & Chad at Rock of Ages in Austin

blackwork = Thomas Hooper at Rock of Ages in Austin

new school and/or biomech = Jeff Ensminger and Nick Baxter in Austin

Thank you SStu.

I am after some new school and/or biomech....

Good to have this information.

Nothing against either of them, but Chris Trevino is the man in Austin for Japanese.

Yep your right I was just throwing some names out

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you SStu.

I am after some new school and/or biomech....

Good to have this information.

Tony Hundahl did some biomech recently. Are you sure that's what your after? New school isn't well known for standing the test of time, maybe look at Thomas Hoopers work it may inspire you a bit

Yep your right I was just throwing some names out

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure that's what your after? New school isn't well known for standing the test of time, maybe look at Thomas Hoopers work it may inspire you a bit

Enlighten me please.

I started a piece on my arm of planets/nebulas/etc.... So maybe I have the concept of "new school" wrong.

Thanks for the help.

Well, nebulas and space stuff made me think of Andres Acosta.

Instagram

But there are so many people in that part of Texas!

I wish I found this forum sooner.... :(

Most of the good guys are book throughout the year....

I like the artist I am working with I am just not convince that "space stuff" is her forte... I might be wrong though... and it's just me... :)

Lets see what else is cooking. I am going for another session soon :)

I wish I found this forum sooner.... :(

Most of the good guys are book throughout the year....

I like the artist I am working with I am just not convince that "space stuff" is her forte... I might be wrong though... and it's just me... :)

Lets see what else is cooking. I am going for another session soon :)

Do you have a link to some of her work? The people on here could give you a second opinion.

Honestly though, if you're already having doubts about it being her forte then you're probably right. You found this forum before getting the tattoo so it's not too late to change artists. Having to wait longer sucks, but it's worth it to get better quality. A year really isn't that long when you take into account you'll have this piece for the rest of your life.

She is definitely new skool, mostly to the point of cartoony - and that's fine, but if you're wanting a realistic rendition of some space-work then I'm not sure she's your artist . . .

SStu,

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I think you might be right... and I think you also answered a small conflict i am going through in my head... What is it that I am missing in my arm, and I think it was the realistic touch that maybe it was what I expected.... Nothing bad. I like her work but maybe I need to seek for a more realistic look. The planets in my arms are the ones that have me conflicted of "do I like it" or do "I not". Maybe in the next session we can talk about it.... If not than moving on...

nonetheless I think she did good, I believe in her and her artistic style thus why I decided to go with her.... Though honestly If I knew this forum before than I would probably had seek for help here before hand :) .

- - - Updated - - -

Be patient. Wait for the artist you want. You will have the tattoo a long time!

Thanks pidjones. :)

I just got screwed by work... Had my interview with Brett today at 5PM and now I have to cover for my supervisor out sick...

I txted him yesterday to see if we can score another interview... :( didnt get a reply... I am sure he is busy.... AAARRRGGGHHH!

Looking at some other options in the meantime as well.