Lady Parts! (Arms, just lady arms...)

@Graeme It wasn't until that appointment that I really understood what is meant by "placement", which I used to think just meant "looks good in this spot". I'm grateful he was willing to explain his process to me, instead of just slapping it on there.

Just took a look at the photo of your sleeve - those concentric rings above the crow actually look like they're spinning. It's amazing!

I am in the middle of a solid color full sleeve on my right arm, and am about halfway done. I dont think it's particularly feminine or masculine, as it has a space girl pin up, and is sci fi themed, but you can judge that after I post some pictures.

The masculine thing never crossed my mind, but as a rule, badassness>bodyimage. (I dont have the highest self esteem about my arms, or any part of my body but I do believe that covering any parts with tattoos always makes them better ;) )

Ill post a pic in a bit for reference, i had a session yesterday and I cant move the arm much at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband always points out when he sees women w/sleeves or half sleeves-he likes it and he knows I do too. It's very..I don't know, I find it sensual and beautiful. This is what I have so far. The cherry blossom side is going to be added to-more flowers and wind bars. It will go around the upper arm and then up across my upper back to meet the water piece on the other side. Frog will be redone and incorporated into everything. Maybe add another frog in there someplace, who knows. If I thought the school district could handle them down to my elbow I would go that far at least. And it's not that much farther, but still, better to not push it. If my husband's business takes off and I can quit-full sleeves!

• 1 month later...

I can't give any advice, but I think as far as the femininity goes, it is a little bit like fashion. Women have adapted originally masculine clothing and made it their own. Jeans on a womans body look a whole lot different on a guy. Same with a trench coat.

So the tattoo might turn out edgy or bold, but I don't think it will be too masculine.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

oooh, i like this topic. Today I've done my Japanese's tattoo on my thigh. It's koi fish (look sketch in my status).

Well. I really love colorful tattoos on women, i think it looks prettier than black, but it's only my opinion. I'm thinking about next tattoo and maybe it will be some flowers. I found nice examples http://flowertattooideas.com/amazing-sleeve-sunflower-tattoos/ but not sure yet. What do you think about these sunflowers? As for me they look great. Especially I like

this one: 30-Extraordinary-mixture-of-sunflowers-skull-and-embellishments-on-hand.jpg

Ahem, but it's too big, i don't know :7_sweat_smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey there :) Well, I think that you can get an arm tattoo and remain feminine. There's a good studio where I live (Bangkok) which is All Day Tattoo and they share their artwork online, so I guess I will share it with you here so you can get a good reference on how those arm tattoos can look amazing and feminine :)

I think that what determines everything is the quality of the tattoo art and the style you choose. If you want to keep it pretty feminine, then you can go for something more minimalist, and yeah they are the trend nowadays. You can also opt for tiny tattoos if you want, and of course you should talk with your tattoo artist and allow he/she to help you find the perfect design.