TV SHOWS: What are you watching?

Patrick Bateman

We come here for one interest we all have in common which is tattoos. But I wonder what everyone likes to watch on TV?

Is it an old show or a new one? Let's speak on this.

I love Mad Men. Its my favorite current TV and has been since about season 3. So sad it's ending soon and I must look for something new to watch. How their characters present their marketing campaigns actually made me re analyze how i present my projects in school and I made a huge improvement with that. Really dig Roger's response to everything in the show. He's always got a slick comeback and it's great hahaha.

I just finished this season of American Horror Story, this is my first season watching it and was into it but there were some parts that made me lose interest. Some of my friends said the previous seasons were way better. The creepy factor kind of lost me with the killing of Twisty. Then after that it kinda went downhill. Though I thought he was annoying, Dandy was prettying interesting in seeing how his character switched.

I'm into more shows but I wanna know what do you guys watch? Let's talk!

I just finished watching the first season of AHS. It was ok. Parts of the story really drew me in, but then other times I was like WTF? It seemed to me like the writers didn't have any plans on how they were going to progress and end the season when they started. And it was kind of abrupt in the end. But overall, I liked the story.

My favs of all time are Game of Thrones, True Detective, Breaking Bad, Orange is the New Black, and the Shield.

Wife and I watch Big Bang Theory, because it's so... realistic (honestly, I've worked with physicists just like them). We also like Scorpion. I'm kinda hooked on American Pickers, too - love the old motorcycles they come across. I generally like History Channel when it isn't a) re-writing history, b) purely made-up (ancient aliens and that crap), or c) loud-mouthed "reality" shows like the logger hacks. My ancestry is lumbermen, and they would never have survived behaving like the idiots on those shows. I do like "reality" - scripted or not - where people are civil with each other like Pickers, Pawn Stars, American Restoration, Mythbusters etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Kentucky Basketball! Go Bog Blue! (Some nice tattoos on there, too!)

The Missing - also from BBC.

how is this show?

On the topic of "reality shows":

I'm definitely a fan of Pickers, Pawn Stars, American Restorations, Mythbusters, Hardcore Pawn - I know i know before hanging me on this one, I find it funny as hell. I'm into the Gold Rush cuz I like the idea of Parker like following the family trade and his admiration for his Grandpa.

When I was younger I use to watch Dog the Bounty Hunter too.

I loved watching Parking Wars back in the day too, I don't even know if it's on anymore.

In the last few weeks, i've been watching old episodes on youtube of Celebrity Big Brother from the UK. Apparently it's huge out in the UK?!?!? A work on my cruise in December said how great it was and yada yada so I decided to watch the season with Dennis Rodman and Peter Burns from 2006. How the game is played is totally fucked up hahah But I'm almost done with the season. Pretty cool even though I never watched when we had it here in the states. My co-workers brother was on it.

rodman? do you mean celeb apprentice?

or was he on a uk version of big bro

i watch big bro, survivor - friggin real world and the challenge

shi - we even watched honey boo boo hahah lmfao

junk tv watcher - my secret shame

yea man believe it or not he was on the celebrity big brother in the UK.

Check it out here. FF to 44:10.

Unless you wanna see Jodie Marsh MMMMMMMMM at 39:22

I use to watch road rules, I saw I think the first two or three seasons. I remember Kit was on season 1. I also the Real World Miami, Boston, Seattle, Hawaii and parts of New Orleans.

rodman was also on celeb apprentice - he was his typical wounded trainwreck self

i actually have seen every season of real world believe it or not

this season is an awful cast and concept but my wife wants to watch still so we do

we also like the challenge which pulls new contestants from real world each year

this is sad haha to know so much about this show

honey boo boo has pretty much been the bottom end of tv watching for me

but its awesome that i can bring it up to people at work and they walk out of the room

useful room clearing strategy ;)

Mostly I watch Timberwolves basketball- which is a horror story in it's own right.

Seasons two and three of AHS were the best in my opinion. I also have been watching a lot of Bob's Burgers lately because it's my six year old daughters favorite show for some reason and I could watch Arrested Development on a continuous loop.

I still watch Survivor and put in an application every year, they have never called me. If I do move to St Kitts I will have to stop sending applications.

The shows I really pay attention to catching are Scorpion, TWD, Dr. Who (even though it has been disappointing for a while), and TBBT. I go along with the family and watch Modern Family and The Flash. I will watch American Pickers, Antiques Roadshow, and such if I catch them. My wife likes the House Hunters type shows and Food network. sounds like a lot but it really isn't. Food Network, HGTV, and History are just easy to catch something on.

We are introducing a friend to Breaking Bad on weekends and for some reason I started watching that Z Nation show on Netflix from Sci Fi channel. It is as bad as you would expect but it has somehow put the hook in me.

Finished watching season 1 last night. it is a fun show. after dinner i would say to my girlfriend: "Do you want to watch another episode of the bad acting zombie show?"

I've seen the commercials for Z Nation but only saw one episode. Old dude falls down a shaft and get caught in cables with another zombie. He thinks he's gonna die so he smokes a joint and blows the smoke in the zombies face. I kinda wonder if it's purposely bad or does the sci-fi channel actually say "we've got a great show here" in the corporate meetings? hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

I have both the Saul's on the DVR. Hope to talk my wife into them soon. She had to watch the episode of The Flash that we were behind last night and our daughter has us on a Friends marathon on Netflix.

I have started watching this show called Black Mirror on Netflix. It is a British science fiction show, 3 ep per season, and it is possibly the best science fiction I have ever seen on television. It is not happy 'save the space princess' stuff. More along the lines of the darkest stuff Bradbury or Asimov could have come up with. Fist one is very, very dark and I have not come away from any of them feeling particularly good.

That being said they are fantastic. If you don't shy away from the darker side of our existence then I would highly recommend this show.

• 2 weeks later...

This time last year I was enthralled by True Detective, but the second season doesn't start until this summer, so that's shit. Hard to imagine the second season living up to that mind blowing first, but I'm definitely excited for it.

Game of Thrones will be starting up soon, so there's that. I watch the Walking Dead too. And with football season over, it's mostly hockey, and lacrosse in the rare instances it's broadcast.

Unfortunately I don't have netflix @Boiled Dove but my friends have been telling me about Black Mirror. Also, Lillehammer and House of Cards.

I've seen the first two seasons of the Killing but then they moved it to Netflix too. How'd you like Better Call Saul?

@Bmore everyone's been going on about True Dectective, I'm left out :-(