TV SHOWS: What are you watching?

Patrick Bateman

• 2 weeks later...
We watch Walking Dead, Bar Rescue and the Alaska home buying shows. I didn't get AHS onto the dvr in time so I only have 4 episodes from season 4 so I'm waiting for it to either get to netflix or for them to be rerun.

AHS was pretty cool, I kinda felt it lost some of it's scare factor after a certain character died. However my friends said the previous seasons were really good.

AHS was pretty cool, I kinda felt it lost some of it's scare factor after a certain character died. However my friends said the previous seasons were really good.

I really enjoyed the first three seasons, so hopefully season 4 is good too. Season 3 I thought was more..."fun" if you can call it that, rather than scary. Not that the other two seasons were actually scary, there just was a bit of humor in season 3. I wish FX would repeat the 4th season argh!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so ready to kill my television. Cable is $118 a month and for what???

300 shopping channels and 75 network/cable shows with the same basic plot line that has been going on since Shakespeare began stealing scripts?

I can get 20 channels with an antenna - most in English -

And Half Price Books has thousands of used DVD's for $5.99.

Just gotta pull the trigger...

I'm so ready to kill my television. Cable is $118 a month and for what???

300 shopping channels and 75 network/cable shows with the same basic plot line that has been going on since Shakespeare began stealing scripts?

I can get 20 channels with an antenna - most in English -

And Half Price Books has thousands of used DVD's for $5.99.

Just gotta pull the trigger...

If you're an Xbox one owner, dish is coming out with a streaming service called sling tv for $20/month. Channels include ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, TBS, AMC, IFC among quite a few others. You can pay an extra $5 a month for some packages with additional movie channels, sports, etc.

It's something I'll be interested in looking into, though I'm a sports junkie and I know I wouldn't be able to get everything I wanted. Plus, would need to get HBO still. But interesting nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...

I know HBO and netflix are a big thing in the US but if you want something that is more or less the same and free (youve got to be pirate though) than i suggest popcorn time.

Its a program where you can find alot of movies and tv shows on. Its all streaming in 720/1080P with or without subtitles.

Oh and watch monty python while youre at it

Season finale of Better Call Saul tonight. Been a great first season. We've seen the very sympathetic side of Jimmy and found out he actually has redeemable qualities, and I think the season finale will mark the slow spiral into "Saul". Also, love any scenes involving Mike. Total badass.

Baseball season has officially started (Go O's), Stanley Cup playoffs will begin in a couple weeks (Go Caps), and season 5 premier of Game of Thrones is this Sunday!!!

The weather's getting really nice around here too, so I'm gonna have to balance the want to be outside with the want to be a worthless couch potato.

Baseball is the only thing I care about right now. Next week brings back Veep and Silicon Valley, which I'm excited for. Other than that, nothing is really blowing me away. If it wasn't for baseball, I'd love to get rid of my cable. And even then, I can try work arounds for that. My wife just won't give it up.

This thread reminded me that I do need to check out Better Call Saul, though.

@BrianH Oh man, they're going to be so rough this year (and every year until they get a new GM who isn't working on scouting info from 2005). Of course, aside from that short stretch, they've been terrible most of my life, so I'm used to it. But this may be the year I follow the American League a bit more closely and look for a secondary team.

@BrianH Oh man, they're going to be so rough this year (and every year until they get a new GM who isn't working on scouting info from 2005). Of course, aside from that short stretch, they've been terrible most of my life, so I'm used to it. But this may be the year I follow the American League a bit more closely and look for a secondary team.

I can't believe he didn't trade Hamels or Pabelbon before the season started.

I'm biased but the Red Sox should be interesting to watch this year. Lots of high potential young guys on the team.

The trailers for 'Daredevil' look ok... Kind of gritty looking, with the bandana and no costume.

I tried to like Gotham and Agents of SHIELD but no dice.

Watching Fringe on Netflix right now... On season 2. It's no X-Files but has moments of brilliance.

Yes, I heard that.

There's a scene in Fringe where the senior guy leading Fringe division is being questioned by some kind of senate oversight committee and the chair mentions 'old X designation cases' ... A direct nod to the X Files I thought.

I still need to watch the last episode of Better Call Saul. I have to push my wife on it. for some reason she puts off watching a final show, we still haven't watched the final episode of ER.

I blazed through 3 seasons of AHS very quickly. That was fun. Can't find the 4th season streaming anywhere. Hopefully FX will run it again before the new season.

My daughter has us watching Friends which has reminded me of my celebrity crush on Lisa Kudrow. I see she has a show now on HBO I will have to check out at some point.