TV SHOWS: What are you watching?

Patrick Bateman

• 1 month later...

New things I watch, all of them I'm woefully behind on: Hannibal, Game of Thrones (season finale was spoiled for me on the night it premiered, damn Facebook), Bob's Burgers...I don't really like TV much. I'm more of a movie person.

I mostly re-watch old shows on Netflix or whatever when I'm home by myself and want some noise in the house but don't really want to pay much attention. And my boyfriend likes anime and every now and then will try to make me watch a series. It mostly doesn't go well because I find a lot of anime really annoying and complain a lot...but we did make it through Death Note, Kill la Kill, Parasyte, and we just started Berserk today.

Wayward Pines anyone?

yes, 3 or 4 episodes into it. it is not really bad, but so far i'm not really feeling it. there are a lot scenes which are not well connected and leave me thinking that the whole thing is not really elaborated yet. also i hate the background music. makes it hard to watch sometimes.

I just started OITNB, finished up season two about a week before they dropped season 3. My daughter is really into the woman who is playing a new charterer this season. I think I'm on EP 4, and she just got introduced.

I also just found out that the woman who plays the mute used to front p punk band in the 70's. The shirts I believe.

I really only watch TV shows/ films when I am knitting, sewing or embroidering but I just finished outlander, once upon a time and I have watched a lot of BBC period dramas ^^...

My friend recommended Penny Dreadful to me and I might give Salem a try.

I started watching The Wire last year in January. Some friends successfully convinced me that I would love it back in 2011 and it took three years for me to start. In April I finally finished watching the second season. Yep that's right, it took me more than a year too watch two seasons. I suck at this... (I love The Wire thought, it's so good!)

Started True Detective and cruising through the new season of OITNB.

True Detective seems like it's going to be awesome despite all the criticism.

OITNB finally kicked it into gear, the first 4 episodes being somewhat boring.

Last season of True Detective set the bar very high but I thought the first episode was excellent. I don't know what people expected. More of the same?

I quit OITNB after the first three because it was so boring but maybe I'll give it another chance.

• 1 year later...

@Patrick Bateman me & the hubby binged Stranger things over the course of a week or so basically straight after it was added to Netflix. It's got a nice retro vibe and I really enjoyed it, possibly because it didn't need to "shock" you into watching it unlike so many US/western series tend to these days if you know what I mean (this is coming from someone who loves Game of Thrones though....). Solid acting (the kids are amazing) & great storyline, definitely worth to watch.

Am I the only strange person here who watches Korean drama?