Canadian

mattyboy89

Im matt from canada. BC to be a little more specific. Anyways I have a few tattoos, chest, ribs, calves and like most of us I am eager to get more ink. I'm mainly here to get some ideas since the rest of the internet has been less than helpful for my problems.

This should be in tattoo advice but since I have to wait I'll ask here and hopefully get some insight.

Here is my problem. I have my last name down my ribs. Its not overly wide maybe 2 inches. I want to add more to my ribs but am unsure how to incorporate anything into my last name. I was considering something that twists around it but then it can really go over top of the existing tattoo. Im open to any ideas I just need someone or something to trigger the spark in my brain. I know everyone says go talk to the artist and I will but I always feel like a turd walking in without the slightest idea.

any help appreciated.

I know everyone says go talk to the artist and I will but I always feel like a turd walking in without the slightest idea.

any help appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

Don't feel like one. Its what you are paying for... A custom job will require the artist to draw up something for you....

I say, go see an artist and talk about your situation and ideas.... The artist will ask you for references if he wants/needs one..

There is lots of ideas that popup with your reference... snakes/dragons/etc...

Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forum!

When I think of something twisting around something in a tattoo, I think of a snake.

Ha! You beat me to the punch... LOL

Welcome to the forum!

Don't feel like one. Its what you are paying for... A custom job will require the artist to draw up something for you....

I say, go see an artist and talk about your situation and ideas.... The artist will ask you for references if he wants/needs one..

There is lots of ideas that popup with your reference... snakes/dragons/etc...

Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! You beat me to the punch... LOL

Thanks. I actually have to go see an artist friday about a dragon piece for my leg haha. My biggest concern was how something could twist around an already done tattoo. All my brain says is that it would end up behind it. I'll definitely be asking the artist when I go in.

Welcome

Do you need to get something twisting around the script on your ribs? Why not gett something next to it or on the other ribs or stomach? I had big pieces on my ribs first...filling up your ribs first means designs for the stomach and back get narrower. Just some consideration