Seasoned Tattoo Collector on Board

herewego

Hello,

I have been a lurker of this website for some time now and decided to join as a member. I have approximately 40 hours of tattoo work on myself. Notable artists I've had work from are Mark Stewart, Tim Gillman, and Paul Sorcigli. I am scheduled to get my chest piece started on March 14th, from Virginia Elwood. I love bright and bold traditional tattoos and reading about the history of tattooing.

Virginia Elwood's work is killer. Excited to see.

Where in Pennsylvania, by the way?

South East PA in Bucks County. Were you on another tattoo forum that was riddled with spam and trolls, I forget the name now.....

Yeah I've been planning this with Virginia for two years now and am super stoked that the time is fast approaching.

I checked out this shop in Perkasie last week.Their opening another shop in Montgomeryville soon.Is this considered bucks county@ Instagram

Have you ever checked out Josh at Living Arts in New Hope.He does bright,& bold traditional work. Instagram.com/j_hoffman

Yes Perkasie is in Bucks county, Montgomeryville is in Montgomery County, both are near the border between the two. I've heard of Frye but never been up there. I think that shop used to be Carl Hesse's shop.

I've been in Living Arts a few times and Josh Hoffman is pretty awesome. He tattoos out of True Hand Society, a new shop in Philly, once or twice a week now too.

Where are you from in Jersey? I was born and raised in South Jersey.

I was born in Trenton...that's why I'm a little wacky...But Mercer County doesn't have the best shops around.I did get my first two tattoos at the lions den in Trenton...that's when there were more biker shops around.but in my opinion,the best shops in Jersey are in Ocean County.

Where you from in S.Jersey?And did you ever get tattooed down there.

I grew up in Gloucester County in Pitman. My first two tattoos were done by a borderline scratcher working out of the Pennsauken Mart. His name was Marlon Dunn. I then started my octopus leg "sock" in a basement in my hometown. The tattooer was actually in between leaving a shop and starting his own shop in Pitman, so I only had the outline done in his basement lol. He never finished the job after he tattooed me high on painkillers and I elected to go elsewhere. South Jersey shops are average at best, at least when I was living there.

Are you referring to Electric Tattoo in Asbury Park?

Yeah,Electric is one of the best...but you got Kevin Leblanc @ White Lotus in Tom's River,who I think is the most talented in Jersey.Tattooville in Tom's River...Nick works there and is a good tattooer@ Instagram Right Coast Tattoo in LBI has some good guys..

Instagram Tradewinds in Tom's River has Tommy,& Shaun..

Instagram Instagram

Crown & Anchor in Pt.Pleasant@ Instagram Atlantic Tattoo in Manahawkin@ Atlantic Tattoo Black Panther in Pt.Pleasant,Slingin Ink in Pt..

NEPTUNE TATTOO & Freehold Tattoo.. Instagram

Instagram There's a lot of good Tattooers by the Ocean...I did check out a shop in S.Jersey last month@ Dead Sparrow

Virginia is awesome. I managed to get something from her at the SFO convention. Welcome to LST.

Hello CABS, I looked through your tattoos, awesome artist collection you have there. Have you posted your Virginia piece anywhere on here? I did not see it. Thanks for sharing your work.

Hello CABS, I looked through your tattoos, awesome artist collection you have there. Have you posted your Virginia piece anywhere on here? I did not see it. Thanks for sharing your work.

Sorry I'm really bad at updating the tattoos on here. I'll post it when I get home.