Old Tattoo Documentaries

Everything on Home - British Pathé is amazing! I love the documentary about tattooing ladies in 1930-1950. I wanted to link it here, but anyone interested can just follow your link to see it!( It's on e right)Thanks for posting it!

There's a clip on Pathe News about the Bristol Tattoo Club, founded by Bristols Les Skuse.

TATTOO CLUB - British Pathé

God I LOVE tattoo history! It's amazing that where I come from first professional Tattoo studio has been set up in 1991. Hard to believe, right? But it is true. I'm so lucky to have found this forum!

Just to clear this up. First studio in the whole country was opened in 1991. First professional tattoo studio in my City- 1993.

I know it's not really old, I've been trying to find the Herbert Hoffman documentary Flammend Herz and was hoping some one here might have a lead. I've found a few clips, but can't find a version for sale that'll play in the US. Any leads would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
any chance you have that zeke owens movie??? i used to have it on vhs, but would love to get a dvd of it.

Turns out that yes, I do. Some of it is on OV now.

- - - Updated - - -

New Dave Lum stuff on OV. People driving 200 miles to wait all night for the chance of a walk-in. So rad.

http://occultvibrations.wordpress.com/2013/03/08/dave-lum-excerpt-walk-in-day/

Been a while re: new captured video, explanation is in the post.

Turns out that yes, I do. Some of it is on OV now.

- - - Updated - - -

New Dave Lum stuff on OV. People driving 200 miles to wait all night for the chance of a walk-in. So rad.

Dave Lum Excerpt: Walk-in Day | Occult Vibrations

Been a while re: new captured video, explanation is in the post.

I am glad I checked into this thread. It reminded me to check in on your OV blog. I am also glad that you posted that Higgs mash-up from R.H. Wells. I had mentioned it somewhere else on LST, but that thing is incredible.

• 6 months later...

I just found an old VHS tape that my mentor shot at a tattoo convention called 'Grandpa Groovys' in I believe Virginia. I was capturing footage when I noticed some decent clips of Paul Rogers tattooing. I don't know a lot about the convention (mid late 1980s?) but I'll try to get it all edited down soon. Paul. Sailor Moses with a mullet... good times!