Old Tattoo Documentaries

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ShawnPorter - although we don't celebrate thanksgiving here in Australia, I'm thankful that you posted that video Shawn, and all the rest of the excerpts for that matter ;) Cheers mate! And happy thanksgiving everyone else!!!!

(is there anywhere I can find the rest of the doco the Horikin piece came from? Looks fascinating)

• 3 weeks later...
@ShawnPorter - although we don't celebrate thanksgiving here in Australia, I'm thankful that you posted that video Shawn, and all the rest of the excerpts for that matter ;) Cheers mate! And happy thanksgiving everyone else!!!!

(is there anywhere I can find the rest of the doco the Horikin piece came from? Looks fascinating)

It's great- it's called Signatures of the Soul; hosted by Peter 'Easy Rider' Fonda. Ed Hardy, Bob Roberts and Leo Zulueta, Doc Webb.... I'm not sure if it's available on dvd.

As always, thanks for sharing @ShawnPorter! Also, this is what I imagine future LST meetups to look like..

[ATTACH]6873[/ATTACH]

I host a yearly afterparty to the Philly tattoo convention at my bar; pretty much looks exactly like that. We have a liberal policy on what you're allowed to wear, afterall :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1978 London punk scene documentary if anyone's interested.

. | Punk in London. *Special edition of the 1978...

Many thanks for posting. @klyegrey That brought back a load of good memories. I've seen most of the bands on that film, The Clash,The Jam, Subway Sect, Chelsea, The Adverts.

I'll even admit to going to a Boomtown Rats gig, even though I thought they were bandwagon jumpers and that Bob Geldof was a massive poseur. During one of the numbers someone jumped up on stage and busted Geldofs nose, blood everywhere :cool:. That was worth the admission fee alone.

So many of them no longer with us. Joe Strummer and more recently Jimmy Pursey from Sham 69 (he’s the guy who got his arse out near the beginning of the film when Mark Perry was being interviewed) Gene October the lead singer with Chelsea and Poly Styrene from breast cancer last year :(.

Hard to believe that was 34 years ago. Great days.

Many thanks for posting. @klyegrey That brought back a load of good memories. I've seen most of the bands on that film, The Clash,The Jam, Subway Sect, Chelsea, The Adverts.

I'll even admit to going to a Boomtown Rats gig, even though I thought they were bandwagon jumpers and that Bob Geldof was a massive poseur. During one of the numbers someone jumped up on stage and busted Geldofs nose, blood everywhere :cool:. That was worth the admission fee alone.

So many of them no longer with us. Joe Strummer and more recently Jimmy Pursey from Sham 69 (he’s the guy who got his arse out near the beginning of the film when Mark Perry was being interviewed) Gene October the lead singer with Chelsea and Poly Styrene from breast cancer last year :(.

Hard to believe that was 34 years ago. Great days.

Correction. I thought I read somewhere that Gene October had died. Apparently not, he works for Brighton & Hove Council in Recycling Dept.

Not dead just recycled.