Old Tattoo Documentaries

• 2 months later...

1483336_10202379907326520_1975410341_n.jpg

I finally bought an 8mm player. It hasn't arrived yet and I'm sure there will be problems, but the hope is that by middle of next week I can start capturing footage from tons of 8mm cassettes that I have. Most of the stuff isn't really tattoo related, but Im 100% sure that I have the 1995 Amsterdam tattoo convention video I shot, which includes 22 tattooers working on one (very blue) client. Seeing Alex Binnie, Horiyoshi 3 and Crazy Ace tattoo the same person at the same time...

1483336_10202379907326520_1975410341_n.jpg

I finally bought an 8mm player. It hasn't arrived yet and I'm sure there will be problems, but the hope is that by middle of next week I can start capturing footage from tons of 8mm cassettes that I have. Most of the stuff isn't really tattoo related, but Im 100% sure that I have the 1995 Amsterdam tattoo convention video I shot, which includes 22 tattooers working on one (very blue) client. Seeing Alex Binnie, Horiyoshi 3 and Crazy Ace tattoo the same person at the same time...

Is that the Enigma?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New Dave Lum stuff on OV. People driving 200 miles to wait all night for the chance of a walk-in. So rad.

http://occultvibrations.wordpress.com/2013/03/08/dave-lum-excerpt-walk-in-day/

Been a while re: new captured video, explanation is in the post.

I'm not in Austin at the moment, but... Holyyyyy crap. I did my PhD at UT and lived in Hyde Park. I cannot tell you how many times I drove by that shop and had NO idea of its history and pedigree. I'm more than slightly ashamed.

By the way, thank you SO MUCH for putting in the sweat and tears to making these videos available. Discovering this thread is really turning my crappy day around.

I'm not in Austin at the moment, but... Holyyyyy crap. I did my PhD at UT and lived in Hyde Park. I cannot tell you how many times I drove by that shop and had NO idea of its history and pedigree. I'm more than slightly ashamed.

By the way, thank you SO MUCH for putting in the sweat and tears to making these videos available. Discovering this thread is really turning my crappy day around.

I do it for the fame, and the sex.

• 6 years later...